Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush threatens to shut down media while US casualties rise

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Mar 23, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

3. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

PUJO, since when has that been relevent to the left's arguement on this board?

4. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't know, but since AAB isn't "on the left", I don't think that applies here.

5. PatsFanInMaine

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Relatively speaking he is to the left of me.

6. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Oh, well, then it's perfectly clear how that would automatically make him a liar. He's left of you so he makes stuff up!

7. PatsFanInMaine

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I do not see any factual evidence where one could make the connection of Bush shutting down the media based on the article AAB provided. If I am not mistaken you concurred on that aspect also. Perhaps its the lawyer in me but when one makes statements that are not supported by facts is that not the definition of making stuff up?

8. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, letting AAB explain himself would be nice. But even if he blatantly made something up (which would be surprising given what I know of AAB's posts), you still made a statement about the entire left on this forum, not just AAB. That's not very lawyer-like of you.

9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Am I the only one who has been listening to Bushs rhetoric on the stump lately...how he is basically blaming the media for the change in the public opinion polls in this nation? PFinMe, considering he is your personal jesus, I would think you would listen to what he says.

He has stated on many occasions during his 6 month campaign to convince the public all is well in Iraq that, in effect, the media is responsible for the enemies strengthening position. Its as clear from this rhetoric as the pre-invasion rhetoric about Iraq's ambition to acquire a nuke and being connected to 911.

Furthermore, his personal propaganda machine like Hannity and Ingraham and Coulter and Limbaugh have been echoing this sentiment for months...and its becoming a louder chatter recently, with nasty developments on the rise there.

Besides, I didn't mean to imply that it was in the article...its my opinion that the silencing of the media is central to the Bush campaign to brainwash sheep like those of you, like PFinMe, that continue to require empty promises that your parties effort to steal Iraqs oil and operate long term bases for securing that oil to line your greedy pockets with the blood of our troops....

again...just an opinion...

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

LIES...ALL LEFTIST LIES !
    LMFAO! I love it when Libertarians are called "leftist". It could be argued that we are so far to the right, we come around on the left. Maybe some people think "Libertarian" sounds too much like "liberals" and can't get beyond that. That'd be my guess.

11. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That's one way of looking at it.
    Another would be that w/o someone telling them what to do, followers would not know where to go, what to do.
    If it does not look like a sheep, it must be a wolf:)