Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush scores lowest presidential approval rating EVER!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I give my man W credit here, ge actually accomplished something in his life, on his own without the help of his daddy. Although his accomplishment is a failure, we should praise him for his efforts in finally finishing at the top of a category....

too bad its the award for worst approval rating.

George W. Bush's overall job approval rating has dropped to a new low in American Research Group polling as 78% of Americans say that the national economy is getting worse according to the latest survey from the American Research Group.
    Among all Americans, 19% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 77% disapprove. When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 14% approve and 79% disapprove.

Among Americans registered to vote, 18% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 78% disapprove.

http://www.attytood.com/2008/02/worse_than_watergate_bush_scor_1.html
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  2. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

there are 3 or 4 guys in this forum that are part of the 18% people who approve bush politics .
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

is that 18%?

if so it would make a lot of sense.
  4. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Patsfan13----fogbuster---harryboy are 3 peas in a pod.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Don't forget Obi-Que and PFEIL... 18 percenters are everywhere...
  6. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

18% who live in state of Denial !
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Once again, DumbAss shows how I am always on his mind... :rofl: I guess he acts this way after a lifetime of getting the sh*t beat out of him... :rofl: :rofl:
  8. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The original bush twins...
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

Who cares about Bush's approval rating?

He is out of office in less than a year.
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So that means Obama will get 82% of the vote, right? :rofl:

Poll responses.

Pollster: Hello I am taking a poll on the POTUS, will you participate?

Respondent: Okay, sure.

Pollster: What is your Party affiliation?

Respondent: Republican

Pollster: CLICK!
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You're only on my mind when I see your pudgy mug in your signature. You're an infantile tool who I enjoy holding accountable. It's a catharsis of sorts.

Any hour now, you'll be hiding your eyes from that accountability in a cowardly retreat, and getting back to what you do best: Hating on minorities, and providing ad nauseum gobs of convenient weather reports that go no where and prove nothing.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    I bet he is proud ... he thinks when a person is unpopular that person is doing a good tough job ... freaking Bush.
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

My what...? Man you are a clueless moron to make that statement... keep making a fool of yourself since you seem to be the only person here who doesn't know who that is...

But speaking of pictures, aren't you ever going to lose your cowboy hat...?
    And any minute now, you'll be turning back into Mr. Internet Tough Guy, hiding from his mommy's computer, and getting oh-so-proud of yourself for standing up to that mean, mean Conservative on the internet... :rofl:
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Bingo!!

Now, next question: what's Nancy Pelosi's and her great Democrat Congress's approval rating?? Single digits, last I saw. I saw 9% last December.

People are pissed because they are told so many different stories by "the experts", they don't know what to believe. Is Iraq going well, or not?? Is the war on terror succeeding, or not?? Is America safer now than when Clinton was president, or not??

Why don't we see these issues being discussed in the NYTimes, WashPast, ABCNBCCBSCNN??? Why only the long-g-g-g feature pieces on Abu Gharib and little Iraqi boys healing from war injuries?? Why can't the media stay tuned on the issue of Islamic terrorism, Russia's new rise to economic imperialism, China's growing monopoly in the money market???

China has stashed away TRILLIONS over the past decade, from all of its sales in the U.S. and around the world, yet all we heard for the past month is how "devasted" their economy has become ... because of a SNOW-STORM!!! Now the Chinese inform us that, well, those TRILLIONS of dollars they've gotten from the U.S. is just not helping (them) enough, so they are going to have to raise prices from now on!!!

Oh, and who gave the Chinese total economic carte blanche to monopolize U.S. markets while pirating the soft-ware and high-tech industries??? Mr. Clinton, do you know who was president when the U.S. door was thrown open to the Chinese to come in here and take anything they wanted??

//
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I know exactly who he is, internet coward, as I knew about the story within an hour of it's posting on the Herald web site after midnight on Saturday, Feb. 2.

It's just that, well, perception is reality. And I've just come to associate that face with you now, considering it's in your signature. And, considering your award-winning performance with the dual ended light sabre, it's an easy transition. I'm sure it's not far from how you look, to be quite honest. I have little doubt you're under 45, very white, well fed, and unathletic.

Oh, and by the way. My mother passed away in 1997.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Alright, out with it.
    Who's Super Scumbag?
    I don't get out much.
  17. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Remember last week NEM I said I thought that % of people supporting Bush and the neo-cons was 20%. I guess I was wrong. So when we hear them talking about America,real Americans, or Obama hates America. Its coming from a small minority with majority size mouths talking about THEIR America which isn't the REAL AMERICA.
  18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It's a picture of Boston Herald writer John Tomase who, on the Saturday before this year's Super Bowl, quoted an "unnamed source" saying that 6 years ago the Patriots taped the Rams walkthrough for Super Bowl 36.

Obviously this forum's favorite whipping boy, DumbAssCoverage, thought it was me when he said (direct quote, word-for-word) "You're only on my mind when I see your pudgy mug in your signature."

Let's just say Mr. Tomase did not make many friends in this forum on that day. :D :D My disdain for him is nothing compared to what you see a lot of the regulars saying up in the main forum.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yep, it's always the 'pubbies fault. :wha:

So, what happened to you, NEMster?? Did you have a 'pub Congressman from the "Log Cabin Club" come on to you???

//
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yea but George looked so happy in Africa last week..
  21. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

22. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

understandable...

but 30% is unacceptable, and far from a mandate...and thats his BEST #. I'd say a good poll is to poll the polls..... ranging 30% to 18%

24%

and declining
  23. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Do you have a link NEM? I'm curious to see the info. I thought it was just a straight up "approve/disapprove" when people are polled about Congress.

At any rate, how is it the Republican's fault when the Dems control both houses? Isn't it that people are unhappy with the Republican agenda, but Dems have done nothing significant of their own?
  24. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Here's what I could dig up in a few minutes of looking, it seems like Dems in Congress are more popular than Republicans, but not by a whole lot. Dems get 39% approval, Reps 30%. That suggests the low ratings for Congress is not just due to people's anger with Republicans.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/02/04/gop/index.html

Here's another one that breaks down approval by party affiliation of the respondants. Really interesting that Dems are not approving of Dems in Congress, while Reps DO approve of President Bush in large numbers (75% approval).

http://www.gallup.com/poll/103675/Improvement-Job-Scores-Bush-Congress.aspx

So NEM just from this little bit of data it seems like your hypothesis may be incorrect, the low approval ratings for Congress are NOT the fault of the Republicans. This IS correct however for the President's low approval ratings. Republicans are still happy with him, but his numbers are brought down by the Democrats polled. Maybe there are other polls that show Congress' low rating IS due to Republicans?