Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush says Abu Ghraib was biggest mistake of Iraq war

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, May 26, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

I actually find myself largely agreeing with Bush and Blair.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060526/wl_uk_afp/usbritainiraq_060526005623

Speaking after a summit with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Bush said "I think the biggest mistake that's happened so far, at least from our country's involvement, is Abu Ghraib. We've been paying for that for a long period of time."

The Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal that broke with the release of photos of Iraqi prisoners being sexually humiliated at the Baghdad prison drew international criticism for US forces.

Bush said he also regretted some of his tough talk during the war campaign such as his "bring them on" challenge to Iraqi insurgents in July, 2003.

Blair said that the way the international coalition embarked on the "deBathification" of Iraq after the ousting of Saddam Hussein as president had been the biggest mistake he had seen.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

It's an election year, Nov 06 is right around the corner, Bush is kissing "Left Wing Ass" he knows the Lefty Liberals all break out into tears every time the Abu Grabu Prison is mentioned. Auntie Pelosi says she Vomited when she saw the photo's.

I have never ever heard Auntie Pelosi even mention the Photo's of 9/11, let alone Vomit (America was the victim)

There are two things that when mentioned will make most Liberals go into convulsions and have to be sedated

1 Rodney King
    2 Abu Grabu Prison
    Argggghhhhhh, faint, plop, wheeze, gasp :bricks:
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

So you feel that Bush is lying to the American people? That's certainly possible. God knows he has a track record.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

If Bush wants to know what the real mistake of this "WAR" was, he needs to look in the mirror.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Some call it lying, others call it truth, it depends on who is doing the talking.

Many haters a few months ago were calling Bush a coward because he wouldn't admit he mad mistakes, so, when he does, he is called a liar :singing:

When a Liberal admits he's wrong they call it courage.

When a Neo Con admits he's wrong they call him a liar.

:bricks: "I did not have sex with that women" "Oh you found the Blue Dress, well yes I guess I lied"

NO, NO, OUR BILL WASN'T LYING, A BLOW JOB ISN'T "REAL SEX" :singing:
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

The biggest mistake was not estimating the extent of the bad feelings between the Shiites, Kurds and Sunni's, after the overthrow of Saddam. Their rage and hatred for each other has extended this situation with no end in sight. In reality most reports from left and right wing publications, indicate the current infrastructure is much worse now than it was..and Iraq is a more dangerous place right now, than it was before. It is a haven and breeding ground for terrorists now, but that was never proven before.