Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush rallies the mouthpieces of the airwaves, one final push...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 18, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Not much of a surprise, but this AM an article about how George met with the vanguards of the RW airwaves to make sure they are all on the same page with three weeks left. I believe in free enterprise and all that stuff, but there sometimes seems something wrong with using the airwaves for his political message.. there is a need for balance, but what difference does that make even if there was a law it would be ignored anyways. Today on Rush's site there are indicators he had an interview with Cheney and there are indications that O'Reilly had an interview with GWB. These are very powerful forces at play in this election, however just once I would like to see an equally powerful person from the other side debate O'Reilly, Limbaugh or Hannity... without being cut off. All I ever hear is bubba bum f..ck from Texarkana who is generalized as the atypical democratic voter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/u...ashington&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

WASHINGTON, Oct. 16 — On an overcast Friday morning last month, White House aides ushered an influential group of conservative radio hosts into the Oval Office for a private audience with the president.

Go to Election GuideMore Politics News News From Congressional QuarterlyFor an hour and a half, Mr. Bush discussed his case for the war in Iraq, his immigration proposals and even the personality of his Scottish terrier Barney, who scratched on the door during the session until the president relented and let him into the office, according to several hosts who attended.

The meeting, which was not announced on the president’s public schedule, was part of an intensive Republican Party campaign to reclaim and re-energize a crucial army of supporters that is not as likely to walk in lockstep with the White House as it has in the past.

Conservative radio hosts are breaking with the Republican leadership in ways not seen in at least a decade, and certainly not since Rush Limbaugh’s forceful advocacy of the party in 1994 spawned a new generation of stars, said Michael Harrison, publisher of the industry’s lead trade publication, Talkers.

2. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

BUMP.. this was ignored.

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

No worse than Olberman or McCaffery, who just read and report right from the DNC talking points.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  4. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Perhaps it was ignored because it was a bunch of BS?

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

IN this world it is ok for Cheney to call Rush, as he has done before, and use this time to spread his message. It is ok for GWB to talk with Falafel Bill and do the same thing. I guess once and for all we can put to be the argument that these guys are not GWB's mouthpieces. Isn't there something out there about equal air time during elections? The same people who are quick to point out Olberman, are the same people who post the listening numbers and indicate that Olberman is last during his time slot.

My point is and always has been about Rush and crew, is that their screeners do not allow intellligent debate, they screen out any semblance of intelligence and let some half life try to make a point and in turn become easy fodder for these guys. Wouldn't it be better if intelligent people could debate intelligent people, the balance does not seem fair??... kinda like the Yankees playing KC every year in the World Series. Don't the listeners get tired of one sided debates, and beating up the less intelligent people of the world??

6. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey genius know-it-all, callers who identify themselves as Liberals go to the head of the line and are put on the air before other callers.

You have a preconceived notion of his show, most likely born from reading only the left wing blogs and not actually listening to the show.

You want one-sided "debate?" Turn on any of the talking head shows on NPR, the Liberals favorite taxpayer-funded mouthpiece.

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

Dems go on with Russert, Matthews (both ex dems staffers on the hill) and other journalist who are sympathetic to their POV to get it out, why are you suprised by that?

Is Bush not allowed to get his POV out? This what Pols do.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

Blue Dress used Hollywood and the Media (CBS NBC ABC PBS NPR CNN).
    :bricks:

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

At one point in my life I was disenfranchised with the Dems and tried to listen to Rush to find out if I should cross to the other side. Gave him 1 year, and was repulsed by his short sighted views and his logic. I did listen, and found out more about a dems body size, and what dems did not do than what Republicans believe in. Found the term dittohead extremely condescending and beyond what I believed in.

There is no need for personal name calling, it is called respect something I did not learn from the Rush Show.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006