Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush predicts bloody summer in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 24, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Man this guy is on top of his game today....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070524/ts_nm/iraq_dc_9

I know its a bold prediction, but I think he might be right about this one.

on a side note:
    Wasn't "One Bloody Summer" a John Cusack movie costarring Demi Moore? Maybe I'm getting the title wrong.....
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You know what, that article pisses me off at the democrats. They were elected into Congress to get us out of Iraq. Now they backed off the withdrawal deadlines and gave Bush more money and soldiers to drag this disaster on and on and on...

The dems are being weak and spineless.

I hate American politics these days. It's come down to choosing between a group of weak, spineless people, or a group of lying, ideological crazy people.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I agree that Republicans are weak and spineless, good to see you realize Democrats are lying, ideological crazy people :D

Honestly, both descriptions are good for both parties.
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

gee, I wonder what gave boy wonder that inkling?? perhaps the oil law we are currently attempting to shove down their throats which is, in effect, license to steal??
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Duh, of course it's gonna be bloody. The Dems already have their deadline. It's September and it’s been that way for a couple months. AQ and Iran read our news too you know. One more violent summer push and the surge report will come back in Sept. and say nothing's changed. We’ll bug out then. We told them as much, weren't you listening. AQ and Iran have been ramping up their effort for months knowing we as a country don't have the courage or conviction to win this fight.

Our boys are basically cannon fodder till we leave.

As for the spending bill, if you’re even the least bit politically astute, you'd know Pelosi lost this fight when she gave Memorial Day as the deadline for getting the bill done by. All Bush had to do was stall long enough and he knew she'd cave. Gee, what holiday weekend starts tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, Do you suppose that means; Artificial deadlines = guaranteed failure.

Naaaaaaw, can’t be.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

To quote Metallica:
    " YOU KNOW IT"S SAD BUT TRUE!"
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Said all along they are morphing into one party, bunch of pandering, weak willed folks who care about nothing but the pork.
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

Iran's not in IRaq, what are you talking about? (sarcasm) Iran isn't meddling there.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

What do you think that Amnesty Bill is? Why do you think there's enemies working together from both sides in support of it? It's party over principle. Party over the people.
  10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Honestly, why are we trying to shove democracy down the throats of foreign people when our own version of it sucks ass?

Both parties suck, the politicians no longer represent the will of the people. It's all special interest groups, corporate influence on both parties, as well as military-industrial based decisions.

Since 2000 we have slowly lost civil liberties, privacy rights, freedoms, and our leaders are more about getting/keeping power and choosing money over serving the people. What the hell is going on??
    Last edited: May 25, 2007
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

What freedoms have you lost since 2000? Seriously. Everytime someone totes that line they can never explain, or give a specific example of what they've lost. It's such a talking point, which most of the talking point criticizers constantly spew. What's the worst thing? You have to go the airport a half hour earlier? You couldn't put a pair of siscors in your carry on? You need a passport to go to Canada? What have you lost exactly?

On the other crap we pretty much agree. Both parties are awful which is why I vote for candidates, and not parties.