Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush plans active campaign role for GOP

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 19, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ha! hahahhahhah!

this man is clueless......

Go get 'em George! Get out there and speak for McCain! America loves you!

The White House on Monday sidestepped a question about how much Bush will campaign with McCain but said the president would actively hit the trail in support of Republican candidates despite his low approval ratings and questions about whether his presence would help or hurt the likely GOP nominee.

"The president believes very strongly that, if we get out and take our message to voters, that we can be successful," said White House spokesman Scott Stanzel.

Bush, who has not been with McCain since a Rose Garden event on March 5, will appear with the Arizona senator at a fundraiser May 27 in Phoenix.

Asked at the daily White House news briefing whether one could expect to see a lot of Bush and McCain together, Stanzel said: "I think you'll see the president out on the campaign trail quite a bit. We'll keep you posted on their events that they may have together."

Hahahahhahahahah!!!!!!

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  2. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Hah, unless his stump speech is "hey, at least he's not me," I don't think McCain's going to be real interested.

Well, actually I suppose he could still help some with the Bible thumpers, try and get them to get out the vote for McCain.

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'd love to see these two on stage together....

4. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They have been a bunch of times before, McCain went to bat for him in 2000 a little, then much more in 2004. I can't see McCain being real excited about building a stronger link between him and W, especially seeing as how that is an effective tactic already being used by Obama, calling it Bush's 3rd term.

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

good luck with that strategy....

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Georgie needs to disappear.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

He'll raise money, and push for votes in places where McCain won't really want to (see evangelicals). The push will be to vote for the party, and thus, donate to the RNC, who will then use those funds for McCain. McAmnesty will push for matching funds, since Obama pledged to take them before (he may reconsider), so the RNC will benefit. That's my 2 cents. Outside of that, McAmnesty will want to stay away from GW.