Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush on Abramoff: "I don't know him!" ... Oh?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jul 8, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Now, for a few years now, I've had this Google alert for the words "Bush Abramoff (and) lawsuit"... It's a nice little feature that sends endless stories each week to my email regarding Boy King's loving and (at this point) undeniable relationship with disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

So, today, I get a juicy one from the Miami Herald. You only get the first few lines in your e-mail along with a link. It said the following:

White House-Abramoff ties confirmed
    MiamiHerald.com - Miami,FL,USA
    The House report obtained photos of Abramoff meeting President Bush on six occasions. Bush has said he doesn't remember Abramoff, and the White House has ...​

However, when you click the link on the Miami Herald site, the story is curiously down. A google news search of those words brings back almost nothing. Hopefully, the Herald is merely editing the story properly and will post it soon.

But, I did find this from a month ago:

Abramoff Met Bush at Least 6 Times, House Panel Confirms

WASHINGTON - Convicted superlobbyist Jack Abramoff influenced White House actions while his firm wooed administration officials over expensive meals and plied them with box tickets to sporting events, according to a House of Representatives committee report released Monday.

The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform said Monday that it had received new White House documents and testimony that confirmed 80 White House contacts with Abramoff and uncovered 70 others despite White House assertions that Abramoff had vastly overblown his administration connections. Abramoff, who’s cooperating with federal prosecutors after pleading guilty in an expanding corruption investigation, previously reported that his former firm had more than 400 contacts with White House officials.

The House report obtained photos of Abramoff meeting President Bush on six occasions, including political receptions. Bush has said he doesn’t remember Abramoff, and the White House has refused to release the photos. The committee posted low-quality versions of them on its Web site Monday after receiving them from the White House.

“The new documents and testimony show that Mr. Abramoff had personal contact with President Bush, that high-level White House officials held Mr. Abramoff and his associates in high regard and solicited recommendations from Mr. Abramoff on policy matters,” the committee said.

The committee added, however, that it had “obtained no evidence” that Abramoff lobbied the president directly.

"I've never met the man.... I don't know him."

Oh Boy King. You are one special little guy, aren't you?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The buck stops 'there' with Bush.

Biggest pu$$ie alive...so sad that he is our president, so sad.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 15 / -29

Not sure if it is selective memory or alzheimers..

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"Cocaine is a helluva drug"

-Rick James

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Didn't Boy King also insist he didn't have a relationship with Ken Lay as well?

Lies, lies and more lies.... It never stops with the C-student in Chief.

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Do you have William Ayers in your Google alerts? Surely you do?
    Obama's radical terrorist buddy should be on everyones mind.:rolleyes:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=will...ox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7RNWN

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Somebody pissed in my Cheerios today ... :p

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 15 / -29

Out of curiousity how many responses do you get from the Google Alerts on Obama/Ayers from credible sources.. just googled it and it looks like a lot of half baked rightie sources. not much to it.

10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Come on GJ ... why would democratic and liberal websites mention Obama's ties to felons, terrorists & radicals of his past ... be serious ... that would be like right leaning sites picking on Bush everday ... it doesn't happen.

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Exactly...

Google alerts are great... I only have a few of them, mainly for Michael Ruppert, who seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth since he left the country and became very, very sick (poisoning, most likely). I get no returns for him any more.

12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

That's not good ... when you can't be currently Googled ... you're in trouble or gone.

13. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +454 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Reading throught this thread and a couple of others today made me feel, "boy, maybe I'm not so liberal" Of course I mean that tongue-in-cheek but reading Holy Diver and some of Jack's stuff made me realize there still are "radical liberals" left out there.

I'm not a supporter of anything Marxist or even close to it. I love capitalism and don't want that to change. On the other hand, the new world economy is changing it regardless. I don't support "sympathy-programs" and I have no sympathy for those who are not willing to work hard for what they have. If you just want to sit around enjoying life, you deserve to do it poor. Unless you're born wealthy...which is an entirely different issue with me.

Well, that was definately carthatic!:D