Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush: Libby pardon still possible

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

What a relief!

and here I am....thinking poor scooter will have to have his friends pay a $250,000 dollar fine for lying to a grand jury and destroying the system of justice that our costitution calls for.

Honesty.....FUKC this administration! They have pi$$ed all over the constitution, and claim to be above the law.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

The Presidents ability to commute and pardon is absolute and stated explicitly in the constitution. This is why Clinton couldn't be touched even for selling pardons.

3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +255 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Was that your reaction to Clinton's pardons? 2 wrongs don't make a right but I was just wondering if you were consistant.

4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I know the President holds the power to do what he did.
    It shows that he has no respect for the Justice system. Not shocking at all.

It shows the american people that you can lie to a grand jury, you can be found guilty of purjury, and its OKAY!

we all know the terrorists HATE that kind of freedom. Thats why we were attacked on 9-11. The President is really stciking it to Bin Laden with this, I love it!

FREEDOM!

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

not sure how many people in Clinton's own administration that were found guilty of perjury in case that was investigating his own administration were pardoned ...

I might have to do some research on that....

done!

NONE!

Clinton.....bringing up Clinton is pretty damn funny, since he was impeached for PERJURY!

man....

6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +255 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was asking your reaction to Clinton's pardons. He let off some pretty bad people. Were you outraged then? And I said 2 wrongs don't make a right so I'm not excusing Bush. All everyone wants to do is prove their side is always right or if wrong not as wrong as the other side. If that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about your politics then go for it.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Anytime a president pardons someone its kinda f-ed up. But thats his power. I am not pissed off when it happens. Bush pulling this BS yesterday is a pu$$y move. Pardon him....you are the frickin president. But don't give us this language that lets him off the hook without using the term 'pardon'