Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush Is A Hero In Africa

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Beautiful Obama is going to Freeze HIV spending, Oh Jesus what will it be next, no more free condoms??

They Like Bush Over There:
    A US decision to freeze spending on treatment for HIV in several African countries has prompted concern that some of the gains made against the AIDS epidemic since 2003 could be reversed.
    President George W. Bush?s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), launched in 2003, focused largely on treating patients in urgent need of medicine, but the new US administration?s programme has shifted away from emergency treatment.

"George W. Bush is a hero in this country," said Peter Mugyenyi, who heads Uganda?s Joint Clinical Research Centre, a leading AIDS treatment clinic.
    Freeze on HIV spending sparks concern in Africa
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm for no funding on this, we can't save the world. Sorry. I'm not sure we can even save ourselves. If you want to save Africa, let the phone companies set up $10 donations for that too.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I've always been against it, it's the Obama Good and Bush Bad thing that amuses me, BEHAVIOR AND COMMON SENSE can do more for preventing AIDS than all the money in the world.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +474 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Then you should be happy, Harry, instead of complaiing about it. Say what you mean - which is "Good for Obama, he's finally showing some common sense and changing things just like he said he would," instead of "Oh jesus, what will it be next?"

[quote} it's the Obama Good and Bush Bad thing that amuses me,[/quote]

Apparently it amuses you so much that you completely miss the fact that you do the same thing repeatedly. the only difference being that you transpose the names and make it "Obama Bad and Bush Good."
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +474 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Actually Bush pretty much put a stop to the free condoms in 2003.

sub-Saharan Africa, home to 30-million of the world's 40-million HIV/AIDS sufferers, is suddenly facing a condom shortage. Family planning clinics from Ethiopia to Swaziland have had their American-donated supplies sharply reduced or cut off; and we can thank our president and his religious right politics for this.

Perspective: HIV spreads under Bush Africa policy
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

I'm not complaing, it seems ironic that all the dithering liberals and other do-gooders (the liz taylor types) that are constantly bleating about not doing enough for AIDS hate and despise the man that HELPED but adore the man that is going to FREEZE THE HELP, only liberals could get themselves into this rat trap.

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Probably because they cannot afford disposable razors.
  8. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Rumor has it that Martina Navratilova is going to do some charitable tennis exhibits.