Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush In A Box

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Feb 16, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The allegations that Iran is providing support to those who are killing our troops is weak. Iran and Iranian backed Shiites have been a relatively minor aggressor against us. Why should they? We've been fighting with Iran by proxy. Bush knows this. He also knows that while he makes the case that Iran is supporting activity against us, his close ally and business partners in Saudi Arabia have ignored a much more massive effort by their people to undermine us.

And yet, he continues to foist a neo-con agenda so that we can justify invading Iran. Again, the Wahhabist crazies get overlooked and get another pass after engineering the greatest mass murder since Pearl Harbor.

But knowing his history as a deceiver, few people in America seem to be taking the bait this time, save a few on the lunatic fringe. His credibility is shattered by Iraq, so whether or not Iran is a threat, which is debatable in itself, his prior deceptions have put him in a box.

So, Mr. Bush, ask yourself again. Who really attacked us on 9-11? Were these muslims Shia or Sunni? And who continues to attack us today in Iraq, by in large?

The answer is Sunni. Saudi and Syria are full of them. They wage jihad in Afghanistan and Iraq. And yet we can't take the gloves off to fight Sunni extremists because our closely allied Kingdom would get upset?

Face it Mr. Bush. You are now in a box. What a tangled web of lies you have woven.

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

So we're not fighting the Sunni Insurgency in Iraq?

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

Well we know sniper rifles have shown up inthe hands of people shooting them at Americans. We have certainly see the effects of shaped charge bombs killing our soldiers.

Since you think Iran isn't providing them who is???

IS the tooth fairy delivering them to the terrorist?

4. Triple-T

Triple-T Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Iraqi Study group says it is Saudi Arabia.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235407,00.html

And Fox is reporting it so it must be true or at least fair and balanced.

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

I jhave no doubts that Saudi citizens are financiang all sorts of Islamist activities, including billions spent building Madrassas preaching Whabbism all over the world. However to the best of my knowledge they don't make shaped charges in Saudi Arabia, they usually buy their weapons.

Who do you think is manfacturing the charges being used in Iraq?

How did sniper rifles made in Austria and sold to Iran (800 from reports) end up being used in Iraq and subsequently siezed (~100 so far)??

6. Triple-T

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow! Did you even read his post? (I'm betting you didn't, but maybe you did)

Who did he say we were fighting mostly?
    Who did he say was backing them?
    Who do you think the Iranians are backing?
    Who did he say was backing the people we are mostly fighting?

7. Triple-T

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If the Saudi money is buying Strelas (Russian shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missile) to take down our F-16's, I'm betting it can be used to buy shaped charges and rifles. I don't think anyone is saying Iran is not backing the Shiites, but if you compared the weapons we just discussed, I'd say the shaped charges and rifles are irrelevant as far as impacting the ability of any insurgent to do damage to our military.

Which problem do you consider to be more serious?

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

I posted a couple of threads on an email written by a Marine in country. I suggest you look at the parts where he comments about shaped charges and their effects on our soldiers and his comments on the sniper rifles showing up in country.

I agree with you POV that both Al Queda and the Shia' backed by Iran havae axes to grind in Iraq.

9. Triple-T

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't get it. Are Strela missiles are just a nuisance? They threaten our air dominance.

I'm sure anyone on the ground would be more concerned about ground based weapons, but what weapons are most threatening to our military as a whole?

Who is the main money provider to the insurgency?

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

I think we should spend a lot of time finding that out.

I suspect that money is flowing from individuals from every country in the Gulf that support the goals of the Islamist for a Global Caliphate. To the best of my knowledge the Saudi government is not directly providing arms or money to Al Queda. Especially since one of the stated aims of Al Queda is disposing the House of Saud since they view them as corrupt for allowing infidels pn the sacred soil of Saudi Arabia.

My guess is that those weapons could be coming from Syria which has purchased weapons from Russia and the old SU for 40+ years. I believe Hezbollah would have access to these weapons with funding from Iran.

I wish the law allowed the Army to use a plane liek the A10 instead of much more vulnerable helicopters.

11. Triple-T

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Iraqi Study group already looked into, drew conclusions and pointed directly at Saudi Arabia. Seeing as Saudi Arabia is perhaps not the best defender of freedom and can run their country with an iron fist, doesn't it make you wonder how so much money could be flowing from them to Iraq?

Also, did you agree that Strela missiles are a greater threat to our military?

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

I would defer to the troops on the ground as to the greater threat.

Do you have links to the ISG info so I can see it in context? I don't know if they are refering to private Saudi's or the government.

13. Triple-T

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So pilots in the air are irrelevant? Come now, you don't believe that do you?

You must be watching how the US fights. Air superiority has been key to both Iraq and Afghanistan. We lose that and we are in bad, bad shape. But even if you believe that losing helicopters regularly and f-16s occaisionally is sort of ok compared to troops on the ground. There is still WAY more funding coming in from Saudi Arabia than Iran and I find it almost implausible to believe that the money is not also spent on ground based weapons.

You can find Iraqi Study Group info on the link I posted earlier, but here it is again with a sub link to the actual report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235407,00.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/iraq_study_group_report.pdf

They do say mostly private citizens and organizations, but then you'd have to believe that the Saudi's can't control their borders and financial institutions. Seeing how Saudi Arabia operates as a defacto police state, I just find it very hard to believe that they couldn't do more to stop the flow.

Also, do you have any links to official reports directly tying the Iranian government to Shiite insurgency funding and the resulting weapons?

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

I think they are a threat, but not as severe a threat as shaped charges and .50 cal. sinpler rifles. The reason being the total number of casualties each inflict. Again though, niether is desirable.

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

Al-sadr, who runs the largest and most powerful militia in Iraq, is in Tehran.

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

Tripel T I don't view any threat to our troops as desirable. What suggestions do you offer to eliminate these particular threats ? (besides total withdrawl from Iraq).

17. Triple-T

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd suggest you re-read All_Around_Brown's initial post and hope that our nation's leadership tries to deal with reality.

18. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think the REAL question is ...

Where did they get such a big box!?

19. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The shaped charges claim is basically bullcrap. Its another lame red herring.

The months ahead will be exciting to watch as we engage another enemy to protect the fundamentalist crazies and shieks in Saudi Arabia.

20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +448 / 12 / -14

Really so the grunts in field say they are dealing with shaped charges and you sitting realing leftist political blogs think they are full of it, brilliant.

:rolleyes: