Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush : If Elected. "I'm Going to Invade Iraq"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Governor Bush told Houston Journalist: If Elected. "I'm Going to Invade Iraq"

Governor Bush told Houston Journalist: If Elected. "I'm Going to Invade Iraq" :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dall'Iraq occupato :: news from occupied Iraq :: - it

June 2, 2009

Two years before the 9/11 attacks on America, George W. Bush told a Houston journalist if elected president, "I’m going to invade Iraq."

Bush made the comments about starting an aggressive war to veteran Houston Chronicle reporter Mickey Herskowitz, then working with Bush on his book "A Charge To Keep," later brought out by publisher William Morrow.

This disclosure was uncovered by Russ Baker, an award-winning investigative reporter when he interviewed Herskowitz for his own book, "Family of Secrets" (Bloomsbury Press) about the Bush dynasty. However, Baker says, when he approached The Washington Post and The Los Angeles Times with the potentially devastating story to President Bush prior to the 2004 presidential election, they declined to publish it.

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I hope I can find it again ... Bush's people pretty much spelled all this out before his election in a huge think tank type document. Memory fails me at the moment ... when I remember I'll find it again. It wasn't 2 years before with I think it was within 1 year of being elected.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Found it ... This document was in part the reason I was against going into Afghanistan ... the handwriting was on the wall for this. Pelosi is full of crap with the lie crap ... they all knew of these plans both sides of the aisle knew.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

As if this weren't already blatantly obvious, after Bush made up fake CIA evidence, lied about WMD, and also tried to tie 9-11 to Iraq?

5. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

heh.......a little too late, don't ya think, tough guy??

6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Sadly, yes, sweetie pie.

Sadly our 'free press' was worried about the ramifications of printing such a story, buttercup.

Sadly, we all purchased the poop-sando that Georgie was selling us, honey dove.

Sadly, people like my little munchkin, Tanked, are willing to accept this treason in the name of freedom, and keeping us safe.

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."— Georeg W. Bush Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

they refused to run it because it "wasn't enough"... that damned liberal media, at it again, doing anything to bring down Boy George

8. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

the liberal media got complacent about gore's election prospects..........they figured it was in the bag.......and they were right.......until everyone started acting like he had it in the bag

9. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

no....its just funny reading you squirm over things long gone......keep up the good work, fat boy

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Sheesh, down this road again? :rolleyes:

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Very true. Not just the media. The entire Democratic "Party" thought they had it. I mean, how could we lose to that retard?...and stuff like that.

Too bad no one realized that it was the warhawks turn at running the country. The deal was done a long time before the election. Same way the Reds "picked" the geezer and the Airhead...a total set-up to fail. If the Reds were meant to win, they would have picked Romney and at least had a shot at it. It wasn't their turn.

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

Romney never would have come close. He might, and I stress might, have a chance in 2012 though. Certain conditions would have to exist IMO. The bible boppers on the right would never vote for him last year. Some might this time around. It'll still be an uphill battle for him. First off, beating an incumbent in always difficult. Second, Romney is a fony. Third, he's still a mormon (not an issue for me, but it is for the people that matter to his chances). Of course, if Obama is Jimmy Carter Redux, and the economy is in shambles, with deficits out of control, then the public might want a numbers guy like Romney in control. That's really the only way I see him having a chance. The economy, or the deficit, will have to be in shambles. I honestly hope that's not the case, cuz it would mean a tough 3+ years for us working people.