Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush hails Israelis as ‘chosen people’ but ignores Palestinians on ‘catastrophe’ day

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, May 16, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Re: Bush hails Israelis as ‘chosen people’ but ignores Palestinians on ‘catastrophe’

It is highly offensive to me that Bush, and certain Israelis, consider Jews "the chosen people".
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Re: Bush hails Israelis as ‘chosen people’ but ignores Palestinians on ‘catastrophe’

F-ck the Palestinian Scum F-cking Rat Bastards, I remember like it was yesterday those scummy old screaming Palestinian women dressed in their black sheets dancing in the streets while 3000 innocent human beings died in two hours on the morning of 9/11, F-ck Them and their donkeys.

Palestinian Rat Over There>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:bricks:
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Does anyone actually believe that the Jews are the "Chosen People"?

Chosen by who? Or WHAT? The so-called "Chosen People" have been dumped on since they were even a people! No other group has been through worse luck and events that were so brutal in the history of civilization (except for Bills fans, of course).

"Chosen People", huh? Is that anything like "Luck of the Irish"?
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

all people of faith believe that they are chosen...or the only ones who will be 'saved'...or get 60 virgins....

its dumb
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

As Tevye put it, "once in a while, could you maybe choose someone else?"

The standard explanation I grew up with (and it is one of the, if not the standard rabbinical explanation,) is that God chose the Jews to receive the Torah and the revelation of the whole one-God thing.... not to win particular historical victories, such as oh I dunno, against Rome or the Nazis (although I dare say we do outnumber both Roman centurions and Nazi officialdom today.)

That interpretation -- that Jews were chosen to receive their own culture's literature and religion -- would be indisputable, for any other such constituted group.

However, in the case of Judaism, two large groupings of self-perceived "successor" religions, essentially claim to have become the true elect, even while one of these groupings still uses "chosen people" to designate those who are not "saved."

When I was growing up, my rabbi told me this story:

God had a tablet of the law, and he offered it to the Germans. The Germans said, "what's in it?" God said, "Thou shalt not kill." The Germans say "yah, uh, have a nice day."

Next God offers his tablet of the law to the French. The French say "what's in it?" God says "Thou shalt not commit adultery." The Frenchman laughs and walks away. God's beginning to wonder whether any people will willfully accept a curb on their own behavior, and he spots this Jewish guy, Moses.

He offers the tablet of the law to Moses. Moses says "what's it cost?" God says "It's free." Moses says "I'll take two!"

PFnV

Jesus Saves. Moses Invests.
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

PFnV--that reminded me of the scene from History of the World, Part One, where Moses comes down off the mountain..."I bring you these fifteen" *crash*.."uh oh...these ten! Ten commandments for all to obey!"
  8. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

LOL yeah, good scene
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Once again religion crossing over into politics. How can an elected leader even suggest such a thing. I'm all for protection of Israel ... but that they are the chosen ones ... makes me want to throw up in my mouth.
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -8

Yeah, whatever the status of the statement in a religious context, in a political context it's pretty damn offensive.
  11. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Perhaps if you read the Torah, or if you will, the first 5 books of the Old Testament, you will come away with the idea that God had a little more in mind than it was about simply Jews being chosen to be the first people to hear it.

Its clear all through scripture that the Jewish people are God's chosen. And Jews can be Saved as much as anybody else. Just as someone born to a Christian family still needs to accept Christ, Jews are given the same opportunity. This myth that somehow Christians are backing Israel out of some less than honest desire to follow prophesies and really deep down are doing something offensive by believing Jews are unsaved is an outgrowth of Scriptural ignorance.
    We are ALL guilty because of Sin, we are ALL given the opportunity to Repent, the Jews are God's chosen people and when the Jewish people, as the Disciples did, and as many Jews around the world have,accept their Jewish King, they will indeed be Saved.

Dont blame the messenger if you dont like the message. As ive said before, If a building is on fire and I scream fire but you dont believe there is a fire, dont be offended because i tried to save your life.

As someone who grew up Jewish it was commonly accepted that we were the "chosen people". And as a Jew who has accepted Christ, that truth,and the meaning behind it, has only been made more clear.

You dont have to agree with me or believe as I do, but I'll stand up for God's Word ahead of worrying about "offending" the non-believer anyday.

I didnt begin this discussion, im just responding to it, as a Jew who finds it interesting how more and more lately its seems to be more and more acceptable by the Secular crowd to knock Israel and side with those who want to destroy it. And interesting how so many Jews go along with it.

Insanity.
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lifer, not to get too far into religion here in the pofo, but how does a Jew accept Christ?

Serious question.
    Thanks.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

It's mind boggling, the entertainment industry is loaded with them, traitors to their homeland, dislike for America has much to do with it, I wonder if the Palestinian's Who want death to America even realize how many scumbags we have in America who support them.
    F-cking Savages.

:bricks:
  14. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

In the Old Testament, the Jews believed the Messiah was coming. There are many prophesies that describe this. Jesus was the fulfillment of these prophesies. The big lie is that there is this huge difference between Jews and Christians. Christians fail to embrace their Jewish roots, not connecting that Jesus and the Disciples were all Jews. Jews, for the most part, have not accepted their Savior. This link explains more.
    http://www.parentalguide.com/Documents/Jews_Information_Desk/Forcast_of_jesus.htm

thanks for the question. It is a very good and serious one. Dont let anyone tell you its a new, or rare, concept.
  15. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Isn't the jews who killed jesus?

/JEEBUS , always killing in that area .:D
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Ask, and you shall recieve! (I think that one was on the 11-15 tablet :D)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L940yIeVZzE
  17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -11

#37 Jersey

I wonder how the Palestinians celebrated "catastrophe" day, couple extra suicide bombings, few more honor killings? What a celebration!:bricks:
    Last edited: May 17, 2008
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Palestine:
    The only reason the the Far Left Wing (Jimmy Carter Gang) supports them is because they hate America just like Carter and his gang of mother f-ckers do.

Jimmy Carter & Roslyn:
    Two slimey, slithering vicious scummy creeps.

Carter was the worst cowardly sneaky pansy President this country has ever had or ever will have.

I liked his brother Billy, he used to get drunk and p!ss on Airplane Tires at the airports.

:bricks:
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You hated Jimmy but liked Billy....ooooookay!
  20. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Romans killed Jesus at the urging of Jewish leaders who were concerned of what Jesus growing following amongst their people would mean to their positions. "The Jews" didnt kill Jesus. The Jewish people who saw what Jesus was doing believed.
    This is the labeling of people because of actions of a few that is so misguided. Besides, it didnt matter the ethnicity of the people who actually did the killing. Jesus came to fulfill the Scripture and to provide a means for man to have Salvation. Man killed Jesus.
    And it truly was a "Mission Accomplished"

as always..for more, please read the Bible :)

But this really should be continued in the religion forum, not here.
    Last edited: May 17, 2008