Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush "Envious" Of Soldiers Serving "Romantic" Mission In Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 13, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Nice to see some people will take quotes out of context in an effort to make someone look bad.
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He had his chance. He decided to hide out in the National Guard instead.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Moron traitor coward.

"It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks," Bush said.
    Yeah, retard. Nothing more romantic than being away from your family in a complete sh!thole half a world away where many of the locals want to see you dead. Gotta love those guys in the VA hospitals with their romantic peg-legs and dreamy caved-in skulls. What a complete fu(kin fool this "man" is.

Bush was told that if local governments can provide for their people, they will respond by breaking away from tribal law and the Taliban.
    Thanks, Curious George. Just walk away from your culture that is 6000 years old (just like the earth!) and you can raise your kids and live just like Americans....McDonalds, Playstations and cul-de-sacs for everyone!

What an embarrassing POS in the White House.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

And you were where?
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In 1975 I was hiding from Vietnam in Sister Mary's 1st grade class at St Columbkille School, Brighton MA. It wasn't easy though. The little girl sitting next to me had an accident. The janitor had to be called, there was sawdust and everything.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You gotta be kidding me! What does the status of sdaniels in 1969 have to do with this? He's not the one who sent our kids into Iraq. He wasn't a draft dodger and then decided to waste 3000 US and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives. That's the point here.

FOCUS!

The issue is how Bush romanticizes life on the battlefield while being a draft dodger. On top of it, he says it out loud for the whole world to see. He's a complete embarrassment to America.

Check out these nifty toys that await our troops at Walter Reid. Romantic, aint they?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

We had another president even worse than Bush when it came to dodging the war, he ran over to England, shoved coke up his nose and practiced "biting his lip" in front of the mirror to look Cute for the little English Girls.

:bricks:
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Roosevelt did coke?
  12. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I'd love to know how Bush's learned to fly fighter planes while skiting his military service?

I guess you can just pick up that kinda skill on the street corner.

Quick call Dan Rather, I think you guys need some more "evidence"
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

I was talking about now! Not 35-40 years ago.

You guys are so laughable. Only a soldier gets dismissed about his thoughts when he has actually been there. But as soon as we talk about any other issue, like, gays, welfare, prescription drugs, minorities, ect...... all of a sudden you guys "know someone", "some of my best friends" and I am supposed to take that at face value.:rofl:

Do you even know how long it takes to fly to Bagram or Balad?

Do you even know the terrain of Iraq or Afghanistan?

Do you personally know any Iraqi's or Afghan's?

Do you know anything you haven't read on the ******* Internet?

That picture you posted, do you know his views? Does he agree with you whoring out his image for a belief he might not share with you?
  14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

You go Internet general!

[​IMG]
  15. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You think Bush knows how to fly fighter planes?!!:eek::rofl:
    You think Bush "served" in the armed forces? Holy CRAP! That's hilarious!

Here....have some more Kool-Aid!

Man! Are you on and island!
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +89 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

I said what I had to say in the post above that, need reading lessons, also?

What a freaking genius:bricks:
  18. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

He flew and was trained to fly multiple aircrafts. Here is full account from a classmate..

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/guest/2004/jw_0920.shtml

George Bush and I were fighter pilots. Lt. Bush flew F-102s in the Air National Guard (ANG) -- 111th Fighter Interceptor Squadron (FIS); I flew F-105s in combat -- 34th Tactical Fighter Squadron (TFS). Both our flying assignments were inherently dangerous -- Lt. Bush's because of the high performance nature of the fighter interceptor aircraft he was flying, the training required to fly the F-102, and the high risks that come with all weather (night and day) intercept missions.

All we wanted to do as young men was to fly these magnificent flying machines (jets) and enjoy the opportunity to serve our country. (Contributing to the Air National Guard's Air Defense mission, Lt. Bush flew hundreds of hours in the F-102 -- the world's first supersonic all-weather jet interceptor aircraft; he served his country protecting the United States.)

I can say from my experience that flying operational fighter jets is highly dangerous. People don't strap fighter jets to their backside if they are overly concerned for their future. While in F-105 training at McConnell AFB in early 1968, we lost five aircraft in six weeks (one aircraft crashed in air-to-air combat training; one aircraft crashed on the air-to-ground gunnery range; one crashed on take off; one crashed on final approach at a nearby airfield; and one crashed coming back from a cross-country mission). My nephew was killed while flying a Marine Corp EA-6B Prowler during a low level state-side training mission. I was in a flight where an F-105 pilot was killed while we were training on an air-ground gunnery range. Also, I've been in F -105 and F-111 operational units where a number of pilots were killed while training for their war time mission. We got really good at flying "Missing Man Formations" and doing memorial services for our fallen comrades and their families. I can assure you that Lt. Bush was continuously exposed to similar dangers during all weather scrambles and during training exercises as evidenced by the F-102 pilots killed in his unit.

Cowards (or people who lack courage) don't take on the risks that Lt. Bush did in flying Fighter Interceptor Aircraft. Flying jets in wing formation in the weather and carrying explosive ordnance on board is dangerous work. The pilots in these squadrons (including Lt. Bush) did what their country asked them to do. They performed their assigned mission and did it well. In November 1970, the Commander of the Texas Air National Guard, Lt. Col. Jerry B. Killian, called Mr. Bush, then 24, "a dynamic outstanding young officer" who stood out as "a top-notch fighter interceptor pilot." "Lt. Bush's skills far exceed his contemporaries," Colonel Killian wrote: "He is a natural leader whom his contemporaries look to for leadership. Lt. Bush is also a good follower with outstanding disciplinary traits and an impeccable military bearing."

You can apologise to me, and Bush now.
  19. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

SO if he never showed up, How did he learn to fly these planes??

That is the bottomline, he was a fighter pilot, flew fighter planes in formation with other planes, you don't get to do that without going through all the propert training, no matter who your father is.

My link is from a retired Air Force Col, your post is just some made-up crap from a left wing blog.

Once again, NEM, did Bush fly? just answer the question???
  20. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Translation for those of you who don't read NEM:

The point I made was that if Bush was AWOL how did Bush learnto fly fighter planes, I was called a loon, I proved that it was yes, Bush was a fighter pilot, backed up by records and testaments from an Air Force Co. who flew with Bush, the above is NEM conceeding my point, and apologising for insulting the President.