Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush defends interrogation

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, May 29, 2009.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

"W" speaks, Cheney aka "The Prince of Darkness" must have headed back to the bunker (to much sun).

I get a kick out of him saying it was Legal, within the Law. (Well if you have people MAKEING the Law so your not breaking it) I guess it is.

Bush defends interrogation program in Michigan speech - CNN.com

BENTON HARBOR, Michigan (CNN) -- Former President George W. Bush on Thursday repeated Dick Cheney's assertion that the administration's enhanced interrogation program, which included controversial techniques such as waterboarding, was legal and garnered valuable information that prevented terrorist attacks.
    Former President George W. Bush defended his administration in speech Thursday in Michigan.

Former President George W. Bush defended his administration in speech Thursday in Michigan.

Bush told a southwestern Michigan audience of nearly 2,500 -- the largest he has addressed in the United States since leaving the White House in January -- that, after the September 11 attacks, "I vowed to take whatever steps that were necessary to protect you."

In his speech, Bush did not specifically refer to the high-profile debate over President Obama's decision to halt the use of harsh interrogation techniques. Bush also didn't mention Cheney, his former vice president, by name.

Instead, he described how he proceeded after the capture of terrorism suspect Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in March 2003.

"The first thing you do is ask what's legal?" Bush said. "What do the lawyers say is possible? I made the decision, within the law, to get information so I can say to myself, 'I've done what it takes to do my duty to protect the American people.' I can tell you that the information we got saved lives."

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

give the neocons the noose, they'll hang themselves with it...

where are this man's lawyers? he should be advised never to speak again publicly, and fade off into the sunset of his multi-millions...

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

He W and they Cheney, Yoo, Addington e.g. must beleive nothing is going to happen over the whole debacle. I think they have already spoken enough implicating each other for a conviction.