Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush caught in another lie (lie number 9273494): "We’ve Never Been Stay The Course"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Phokus, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +189 / 7 / -23

Re: Bush caught in another lie (lie number 9273494): "We’ve Never Been Stay The Course"

I was just gonna post that, I wonder if GWB thinks we are all really stupid or if he just has short term memory loss?? Either way, cannot believe he said this.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Re: Bush caught in another lie (lie number 9273494): "We’ve Never Been Stay The Course"

Man.....

If people weren't being killed everyday, this level of comedic double talk would be awesome! These quotes are rediculous:

BUSH: We will stay the course. [8/30/06]

BUSH: We will stay the course, we will complete the job in Iraq. [8/4/05]

BUSH: We will stay the course until the job is done, Steve. And the temptation is to try to get the President or somebody to put a timetable on the definition of getting the job done. We’re just going to stay the course. [12/15/03]

BUSH: And my message today to those in Iraq is: We’ll stay the course. [4/13/04]

BUSH: And that’s why we’re going to stay the course in Iraq. And that’s why when we say something in Iraq, we’re going to do it. [4/16/04]

BUSH: And so we’ve got tough action in Iraq. But we will stay the course. [4/5/04]

Think of our men and women in uniform, what must they think about this.....dare I say....flip-flopping.
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

It's amazing how their playbook consists of lie after lie, but let's face it, lies work. A lot of people still believe that Saddam had WMDs, aided Al Qaeda, and was building nuclear bombs.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Didn't go to the link.

I am always amazed that people expect pols to play some sort of 'truth game' when you try to parse every statement to find anything that could be spun as a descrepency.

Presidents are speaking to teh entire planet. What they say is for foreign consumption.

In every war in human history strategy and tatics have been changed. Saying 'stay the course' doesn't mean rigid adherence to a particular set of tatics to respond to a changing strategic situation. It means keeping our committments to our allies in the area and not hanging them out to dry like the demrats will.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 4 / -2

People never get it. So why bother explaining to them. People that hate the man will only look at it from however best it suits their views. A rational person would understand the question, and would understand the reply.
  7. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Bush caught in another lie (lie number 9273494): "We’ve Never Been Stay The Cours

I think my head just exploded reading the replies from patsfan13 and real world.

"The sky is green"

<next day>

"I never said the sky is green"

You'd think this would be clear cut. Apparently, to the idiots who still support bush, it's not.

Cognitive dissonance much?
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Re: Bush caught in another lie (lie number 9273494): "We’ve Never Been Stay The Cours

It actually means nothing. It's just a cheap political slogan like "cut and run" that was used to create the illusion that the administration had a clear plan, was focused, and committed. Now, it's again being used in a political way to paint the administration as being confused, unfocused, and uncommitted. The problem with sound bites is that they are usually so meaningless they can sometimes be used by both sides to frame an issue.
  9. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

How is this any different from "I didn't have sex with that woman". Oh wait, I know. Clinton lied under oath about consensual sex with an intern. Bush lied under the oath of office concerning war policy in which hundreds of civilians are dieing daily and troops were put in harms way due to reasons no one are quite sure of.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Hey c'mon now lefties. Take it easy on the 'ol CIC. When Clinton acccepted that wicked, wicked BJ it sent the whole nation through TWO years of misery and inaction, the war in Iraq has only gone on for only...

Oh wait, Forget it.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  11. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

D E M O " c u t and run " R A T S
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +585 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I think "Cut & Run" was more applicable when Iraq was forming their military. As each division comes online "cut & run" has less and less meaning.

At this point...I think agreements should be drawn up for Iraq purchasing "X" equipement based on divisions online. Americans, 1/4 should retreat to their base on an "if-needed basis"....the rest should start coming home now.

Iraq's motivation for getting their act together will be their ability to protect themselves. Right now...they are just acting like a bunch of spoiled brats who are not getting their way.

They can do what they want whenever they want because they know nobody is going to invade them. Should the threat of being invaded take form...expect to see Shia & Sunni building trenches together and fighting together.