Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush Caught In Another Lie- Katrina

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Mar 1, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Damn those cameras. Turns out Bush really was fully aware of the implications of this storm after all. This time from the liberal Associated Press.

Now, when do you suppose those impeachment proceedings begin?
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Never? Lying is now a national past time and when the president does it, it makes it even more acceptable... Wait a minute, isn't that what was said about Clinton?
  3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My lie has more truthiness than your lie though.
  4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think its amusing that the media is treating this information like it he had full knowledge of 9/11 a week before.

EVERYONE KNEW KATRINA WAS GOING TO HIT NO AND THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE DEVASTATING

Whats the point? Could Bush have swept in and airlifted all those people who were staying no matter what out by himself? I dont think the levees were holding no matter what was done to them.

But....BUSH BAD!!!!
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Turd,
    Did you see the link? The point is that he lied and got caught and nothing will happen because we're a bunch of brain-dead, scared sheep.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

"I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees"
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

AAB, it's pretty well established that Bush is an incompetent liar, but I have to admit Turd's defense that the President was powerless to help is one of the more amusing defenses. So, now Bush is incompetent, dishonest, and, according to Turd, useless!
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

Bush not only knew about it, he caused it, he has several more planned for this year.
  9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You must talk to God like he. Do the three of you have video conferencing?
  10. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

AP FRIDAY NIGHT CLARIFICATION ON BUSH/KATRINA VIDEO
    Fri Mar 03 2006 19:48:29 ET

Clarification: Katrina-Video story
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

Once again the liberal news media gets busted twisting a story.

Carry on Liberals.

It must be Bush's fault that the AP got it wrong.
  11. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Until Gov. Blanco formally requested federal involvement, neither FEMA nor the US Military could do anything.

Does this take FEMA off the hook afa forward deployment/prep? Not at all. To me this is THE federal blunder.

However, the bulk of the responsibility lies with the State government first (Blanco didn't activate the guard in preparation as is her right), and the levee boards second (proper inspections instead of French Quarter lunch tours would have brought the levee conditions to light years ago).
  12. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This situation reminds me of the Rodney King situation, where the media played the same half-minute of video over and over ad nauseum, but neglected to show the whole rest of the video. Ever. Even though the rest of the video contained footage that cast King in a much poorer light, thereby changing the entire complexion of the story, it didn't stop the media from whipping into a frenzy -- kind of like we're seeing now.

There were many things that could have been done differently, of course. But the one thing that bothers me more than any other thing is this: why did the local/state authorities prevent food, water, and other supplies, from being driven in to the Super Dome? There were trucks there, loaded with food and water, just waiting for permission to enter the city...
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

The state or locals did not stop this, this was federal gov't actions or inactions that prohibited this.. this is first hand from relatives who live in NOLA. My bro in law was there for the whole thing, his properties were spared, he witnessed quite a bit of the whole mess and he blames the feds. The city and state folks were not a lot better, but when the feds moved in they really screwed it up.
  14. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +95 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

perhaps if they didn't shoot at the feds that arrived, they would have had more help. Everyone conviently forgets this, I had guys there, and they had to accompany aid workes, because they were getting shot at! Shot at, for trying to help, mindless to say, they were not as effective.

I lovd how the nes came out with this story as being daming to Bush, and the release their little 15 second snipet, Then people actually listen to the entire tape, and it is clear that every conclusion made by the press was wrong!
  15. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, I think you and I are thinking of different things. There were trucks loaded with supplies that were heading for the Superdome, but they were stopped by local officials. I think the reasoning (if you can call it that) was that they wanted the people to evacuate, and they felt that if people got supplies, the would be less inclined to leave. And it was local or state, not federal -- that I remember clearly.
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

It's almost funny to see that the righties are still trying to put most of the blame on the local and state officials, while federal officials are tripping over themselves blaming and taking blame.

I think it's pretty clear that the feds are primarily responsible for the simple reason that the feds are the only ones with experience handling natural disasters of this kind of scope. If Blanco or Nagin were doing things wrong, someone from FEMA should have called them and said, "Are you crazy? This is what you must do or you will make this disaster work."

If an earthquake hit Boston, I don't think Menino or Romney would be the ones I would choose to handle it. They would need someone qualified to tell them what to do. You guys come across as apologists for the incompetence of those who share your political philosophy.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

If the victims of Katrina were all poor "Whitey's" from the Ozark Mountains this story would have been dropped before the wind died down.

They show the pictures of people sitting on their roofs over and over but they have another picture you will never see, the picture of the guy with his pants down around his knees shooting at the Helicopter that was trying to help them.

RACISM IS ALIVE AND WELL IN NEW ORLEANS (reverse racism)
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Harry, you just wish you were black because they have it so much better than you. http://www.rebreatherworld.com/images/smilies/sarcy.gif
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

Why do liberals look the other way and smile when reality hits them in the face.

Reality & Mother Nature, the two things that drive the "Lefties" nuts, they can't do a damn thing about them.

Al Gore rants & raves about "Redneck Charlie" heating his house with a "woodstove" then God & Mother Nature send a Lightning Bolt into the forest creating a fire that can be seen from the moon, Crazy Gore sits in his living room watching all the smoke on TV and urinates in his pants, then he Blames Bush.
  20. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The significance of the video, no matter how hard the Bushies try to defend the man, shows his complete lack of interest in matters of extreme importance and when contrasted with his PR.

He asked ZERO questions. This shows how oblivious the man really is.

He was told the levies could be overwhelmed. His first PR response was to deny this.

This is the leadership that the self-proclaimed "conservatives" want for this nation??

Intellectually incurious (lazy). Responsively and instinctively dishonest (bastahd).