PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burton Just talked to Branch (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
driving in my car listening to EEi and burton called in. said he spoke to branch today, branch is working out hard, has no bitterness towards the pats, but Burton said the situation doesnt appear to be ending anytime soon. will have more tonight on channell 4.

Re: Burton Just talked to Branch

Get rid of him now......I have a bad feeling about this. What a waste of an asset, to lose him for 10 games and get nuthin in return. Straight up for Porter before it's too late !!! This is becoming assinine.

Glad u posted the report.

Too bad Branch has turned to the dark side.

Too bad his head is mammoth amd he has lost what brains he has. I really feel bad in many ways..he is dillusional and totally misguided..and I believe he will never be the receiver he was here with another team.. Just not happening.. I feel bad as well, but the Pats will make a move..1 or 2 receivers will be brought in and Branch will miss the bus. See ya!! No he'll return, be franchised and then traded WHEN/IF teh Pats can get full value.

I've moved on from thinking much about him. I hope, and think he will, come in by game one. If not we'll play who we have - hopefully that includes a healthy Chad Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chad who? ...........................

I'm assuming that triple post (there was another in a different thread) was a product of that database maintenance a few minutes ago?

Last edited by a moderator:

I've already made peace with the fact that DB is not coming back, week 10 or not.

Everybody that has turned on Branch needs to relax. The patriots are like any other pro sports team. Unfortunatley hold outs and crap like this happen. Branch will be back and be just as good as he ever was. And all you fools out there bad mouthing branch are going to be buying his jersey again once he scores a few touchdowns. It is that simple.

If Twig misses ONE regular season game because of this asinine holdout, I will no longer root for him the remainder of his career as a Patriot.

PatsMan26 said:
Everybody that has turned on Branch needs to relax. The patriots are like any other pro sports team. Unfortunatley hold outs and crap like this happen. Branch will be back and be just as good as he ever was. And all you fools out there bad mouthing branch are going to be buying his jersey again once he scores a few touchdowns. It is that simple.

Better yet...go buy a #80 jersey and be sure of yourself and Touchdown Troy Brown.

PatsMan26 said:

I thought I was pretty relaxed when I made that post. And I am definitely not badmouthing him. I like him, always have, but our offense is doing so great right now, I really couldn't care less if he comes back or not, this has nothing to do with him being a jerk with holdout and whatnot.

I'll bet the agent had Deion call to difuse the firing his agent rumors. This will be the biggest contract of his career most likely, so I can understand where he is coming from.

I think the agent has totally mishandled the situation. Too bad, this isn't going to end well I fear.

Lets not forget..the season hasnt started yet, But if he misses a game I will lose respect for him. Deion is being misguided by an amateur agent. But deion is one of our best players and most clutch. he's a player who saves his best games for the playoffs and superbowl, and though the offense has looked nice in PRESEASON, I cant picture Bam or Reche getting any 150 yard games anytime soon.

p.s. Chad Jackson come back.

PatsMan26 said:
I agreee bro, and where branches jersey with pride, and just hope he returns. frankiesfly

Last edited:

PatsMan26 said:

First off, I won't be buying a BRANCH jersey. I only buy Jersey's of players who might actually be around awhile.

2ndly, Branch only scores a few TDs a year ANYWAYS. Its why he's not worthy of the money he's asking for.

3rd, Branch has earned the title of LIAR. There is no bad-mouthing there.

4th, Only a fool would believe that Branch will be back and as good as he ever was if he holds out into the season. I don't think you can actually find a player that has held out into the season and actually had a good season. If you can, please let us know.

PatsMan26 said:
Exactly, I'm in complete agreement.

PatsMan26 said:

Unless you've been living under a rock you would know that the Patriots are not like any other pro sports team. Crap like holdouts aren't tolerated here. Branch would have to be a lot better than ever to come close to being worth the money he's demanding. And at the rate he scores TD's he better not hold out or his jersey royalties won't cover the shortfall from his TC fines minus his salary. It is that simple.

I just watched his interview. Disingenuous is now this kids middle name. Smiling and laughing. Asked how long he'll hold out said he don't wanna go there. It's business. Asked him if he thought about those $14,000 a day fines, (laughing) don't wanna go there either. It is what it is (he actually said that). They'll work that out, if not whatever. Guys look good but would look better with him winning. Says he's confident it will get worked out.

His other middle name is delusional. And Deion, FYI - this ain't funny.

PatsMan26 said:
And all you fools out there bad mouthing branch are going to be buying his jersey again once he scores a few touchdowns. It is that simple.
No you're wrong, and it's not that simple. Not all the people that have been "bad mouthing" Branch are going to run right out buying his jersey again if he comes back.

You're confusing a normal sunday fan with a fanatic... the fanatic quotient on a message board like this generally outweighs the casual fan, and many of the die-hard fans here are exactly the type that would never buy nor wear a Branch jersey again. That doesn't mean that IF he comes back, they won't root for him to catch that ball that Tommy just threw to him, that doesn't mean they won't wish the best for him while he's on the field in a Flying Elvis, that doesn't mean they think the team is better without him. However many of them are sincere in their feelings that since Branch has now shown that he is not (in their opinion) the "Patriots-type" player we all thought he was, they will no longer chose to single him out with their support and honor his name on their back. Book it... if he comes back or not, many here will never look at Deion Branch the same way again.

By the way, I say 'they' instead of 'we' because I'm just not a jersey guy. I got my #54 and that's all I want. Although I too will be seriously pissed at Branch, not that it matters to him, if he's not back by the first game. I root for the team, not the player, and if he's ON the team, I'll be rooting for him, whether I personally like him or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back