PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burress Speaks, angers Coughlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A non-story. What's he supposed to say? It's all in fun. The media (NY especially, oddly) is trying to blow this up into Anthony Smith2.0 - nonsense.

I like Vrabel's reaction. "I'm from the old school of do, more say less." :D

A non-story. What's he supposed to say?
Looks like he's covering all the angles: At one point, Burress said that if the two rosters were examined side by side, people would think “we would win the football game.” Later, he said, “They’re definitely a better team than we are.”

It's like he's manic-depressive or something.

A non-story. What's he supposed to say? It's all in fun. The media (NY especially, oddly) is trying to blow this up into Anthony Smith2.0 - nonsense.

Giving a score is not the same as saying "We're confident that if we play up to our abilities we'll win." There is most definitely a difference and predicting a score is pretty arrogant.

I don't think it's a big deal, but doesn't sound like his coach or owner are overjoyed about it.

Exactly. And the Pats don't need any extra added motivation anyways. Its the Super Bowl, thats all the motivation you need. Not some player predicting a victory. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Pats got all the motivation they need from spygate. This is not a big deal. However, Coughlin definately was not happy about it, but that's the Giant's problem.

I don't care that he said it one whit, although I do think, as the article alludes, that the Giants as a whole might be taking this a little less serious that then should. The hoopla is gonna get to them.

It's not a non story when he reiterates it and that pisses off his HC, 23.

Plex was always a bit of a loose cannon and there is quite the ego there. That's why he's in NY now and Ben is pining for a tall WR. Those two were scripting their own plays behind Cowher and Wisenhut's backs. All Coughlin has asked them to do is STFU, but they can't quite manage that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back