Welcome to PatsFans.com

Burning down the House

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PonyExpress, Sep 27, 2008.

1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+2] Outstanding, excellent points. Each and every one. A ten out of ten. Two thumbs way, WAY up!!!!

:D ------------- :D -------------- :D [/size] (ooops, talking about your sig, I guess. It doesn't show on the quote ... :( )

//
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Pony, you beat me to it. I just finished watching it and was about to post the link. He makes a compelling case for the origins of the crisis.....
    As Castaneda said, those who don't learn the lessons of history are destined to repeat it. I fear Congress will only makes things WORSE with this bailout if they don't recognize and address the root causes.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +129 / 7 / -13

Gee the libs are really avoiding this thread perhaps the 10 minutes of the video are beyond their attention span.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

And, yet, Obama is the Economic Savior and Expert in this election.

:confused:
  6. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

WOW!!! What a revelation of a video!! This is an ATOMIC BOMB of revelation if there ever was one!! Absolutely spectacular!! Absolutely SPOT ON!! 12 out of 10!!! Thanks again for bringing this here. This needs to be shown in every household in America, particularly in Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan, NH, Colorado, Ohio, Ohio, and Ohio. Every household throughout America needs to see this. The people who put this out probably need to get personal security because the Dem propaganda machine is going to go absolutely APE SHIiT when this hits the streets big time.

I've been saying this from the get go, for the past two weeks. This "mortgage meltdown" did NOT start with Geo Bush. It did NOT originate with the Republican Congress. It did not begin with Ronald Reagan, or Bush elder. This crap, this meltdown, this national catastrophe began with the Democrats who -- probably in good faith, but with an uncanny lack of foresight or sense of personal responsibility -- just wanted to make housing mortgage money more accessible to more people, but in their lust to pander to that demographic they reduced the standards so much, made almost ZERO STANDARDS of credit, in fact, that it was only a matter of time before the hyenas and vultures, those slimy, low-life predators to come in and take over more and more of America's capital until we have the total national crisis we see today.

Am I the only one who was always wondering about those cable TV shows on "How to Make Millions in Real Estate", back 10-15 years ago?? These used car sales types were all over the low rent cable stations telling you how you can buy all kinds of property "for NO MONEY DOWN!!! And it's all LEGAL!!!"

So, now we face the music: we allowed the U.S. economy to be hijacked by unscrupulous, predatory, selfish, greedy lenders who knew they were "legally" just doing what the (Democrat-led) Congress was demanding them to do!! Big government doing what Big Government does: screw things up, royally. Bastards.

All those who pushed that legislation need to go to prison, need to have their private property garnished, need to do serious time for what they have done to almost destroy the economy of all of America.

Chris Dodd and Barney Frank are at the HEART of this crisis; to trust them now to come up with a solution requires more faith than to say you'll walk in water today. To trust Barack Obama, with his Dem counselors, his liberal "consiglieris", would be economic suicide for America and the Free world.

//
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

The operative question becomes what did George and his Republican Congress do to make things different the first 6 years of his presidency?? Do not have the time or expertise to fact check everything, but if they knew it was coming how come they did nothing to make things different. It looks like an easy answer to a very complex problem, blame Clinton.. blame Carter(not sure how he fits) he was there for 4 years and for a POTUS that is largely viewed as ineffective and stupid.. he had such a huge impact??? Carter was followed by Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2.. seems that most of what he did must have been washed away.. either that or the three subsequent vanguards of the right were inneffective.

BTW the no money down did not only apply to poor folks, it applied pretty much to many people middle class and rich folks as well.. when you watch the foreclosures in this area, it has effected the "investor" market pretty heavily as there is a huge surplus of multi family properties that have bit the dust.. talked to a guy yesterday who just bought a multi family foreclosure, listed originally listed by the bank for 220K... someone has to absorb the 160K...he got it for 60K.... he seems wiser than most and has done this successfully...
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No amount of smoke and mirrors, no amount of "sharing the blame", no amount of "hey, we didn't know, it didn't start on 'my watch'", NOTHING is going to save those who are responsible for this melt down.

They have been saying it from day one: "The sub-prime mortgage crisis .... the mortgage loan scandal, ...... the home foreclosure epidemic ...... the 'bad loan' fever .... ", and NOW the TRUTH is OUT.

And next, those who are RESPONSIBLE for this massive systemic failure are going to be OUTED!!!!

:D ---------- :D ---------- :D

This is the beginning of the end for those who did this, those who profited obscenely from this (are you listening Raines?? how about you, Obama???).

"The TRUTH, the whole TRUTH, and nothing but the TRUTH will make us free!!"

Dig it. Mr. Tamborine Man.

//
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i watched every minute...

i've asked you to consider this before, pf13, but here you are obnoxiously doing it once again... i guess it's just you being you, and we all have to accept that .. ... regardless, i'll say it again...

i don't have the time to enter and read every thread... i'd venture a guess no one here does... if you "bomb em all" types get all giddy over a thread that has a fluffy partisan video in it, and we don't chime in for a whole 4-5 hours? rest assured we just haven't noticed it yet... sorta like when i accepted that Fog hadn't yet seen my direct challenge to legitimize McZombie's infidelity... he eventually did...

it's not that we don't think your entire premise is complete bunk ... it's not that we don't have anything to say...

you wanna "chirp!" and "bacaw!" over some well-spliced youTube video as if it's some "evidence" that the housing bubble crisis lays solely at the feet of the party you can't stand? fine... no one said they didn't play a HUGE role... no one ever disputed my mantra that they're just two factions of the same corporate entity...

but as i said in another thread, there's two words that put your little video into proper perspective...

"Ownership Society"...

google it, Wiki it, YouTube it... study it... and then sit here and try and explain to the forum how a Boy King initiative isn't squarely at the feet of your arrogant, largely corporate party....
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

The more you post, the more idiotic and out of touch you sound.. guess in your world all of what you say makes sense, as for the rest of us.. we shake our heads, and utter with disbelief your disdain for anything factual.. instead what we see is a reliance of spin and propaganda..
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

p.s., love the DMB version of a Petty classic at the 2:20 mark...

shortsighted premise to the guy's video, but he has decent taste in music... well, until the "I need a Hero" song, anyway... :rolleyes:
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You know what, now that you have made your character crystal clear for all to see, I am overjoyed to have YOU say that I am "idiotic" because it DEFINITELY means I am on the right track!!! You are my bell-weather in reverse!! Whatever you say, I know if I take the opposite tack I will be right with God, and that's just where I want to be!! :D

:rofl: --------- :D --------- :singing:

//
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Really?? Then, please factually refute this video.

We'll all wait .....

//
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Why repost the same thing over and over, do you really believe if you do it.. it will change anyone's mind..
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Foggy, if only you knew just how elementary you are, we'd have the pleasure of seeing fewer of your posts. You really don't have a clue. I guess the nice thing for you is that you're oblivious to this fact.:cool:
  17. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

They did nothing nor did the do nothing democrats when they took over. Prediction: Watch Biden in the debate take credit for knowing all about this for years and blame republicans for not listening to him. He did just kind of thing when talking to MSNBC about the surge and whether that reduced violence. Biden said it wasn't the surge it was beacuse they(he didn't say who they were and MSNBC didn't follow it up) did what he told them to do. Right. Thaks Joe!

Look, Republicans and Dems are all up to their necks in this. What McCain says is absolutely correct. They went to Washingtom to change Washington and Washington changed them.
  20. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +129 / 7 / -13

Of course you don't dispute 1 specific point raised in the video....BTW you aren't the only leftie on the board you are so egotistical to think every post is directed at you personally???? very sad.