PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burn the effin' throwbacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I am sick of this crap, first BB had to wear that stupid red hoodie, then they play like ass in the 2 games this year with the throwbacks.

Tell NFL Marketing to go piss up a tree, I don't wanna see red uniforms ever again.

Thats what Im saying, they look like crap anyway.

I completely agree, its just a money making scheme by the nfl and it really ticks me off, why cant we just see our teams in their own colors, there are too many variations that go on during the year. they do throwbacks, 3rd alternates, pink for breast cancer (this one is fine, just pointing out all the variation) They seriously need to get rid of them. They claim to be using them for the AFL 50th anniversary, but i find that hard to believe when ive been seeing throwbacks worn since 2007.

I like the throwbacks twice a year

Today we played like the teams that used to wear those crap ass uniforms.

I like the throwbacks twice a year
wern't a NE fan pre 1991 huh. They represent suck, and continue the tradition every time they wear them

wern't a NE fan pre 1991 huh. They represent suck, and continue the tradition every time they wear them

Lmao, Im only 14, so I never experienced the pain. They do look like **** tho :D

I agree. Nothing but bad memories from those unis - even when they had some success always ended with humiliation (e.g., being smashed by the Bears in 86, followed by revelations of drug use by our players).

As a long time fan (and with apologies to fans with Pat Patriot in their signature), I hate seeing Pat Patriot on the field again. The Flying Elvis was the beginning of the consistently good team, and Pat always makes me think Patsies. Leave Pat in the archives where he belongs. I too think Red Hoodie when I see him.

Yeah that's it, a team lost because of the color of the uniforms they were wearing. Or maybe it was because somebody neglected to cross their fingers for good luck and wasn't wearing their magical good luck underwear.

I am sick of this crap, first BB had to wear that stupid red hoodie, then they play like ass in the 2 games this year with the throwbacks.

Tell NFL Marketing to go piss up a tree, I don't wanna see red uniforms ever again.

This is a good thread ... yes - boooo to throwbacks.

blame the jersey's... ???? Please, seen enough losses in these jerseys....

Blame Belichick , Pees, O brien for calling a crappy game... its a pity that Randy Moss is tied with the lead in int's after 5 weeks, who does not want to say its not the d fault...

two 90 yard drives, seen it too too many times.. ( did any body remember the super bowl , know it was not a 90 yard drive but close enough for me...

tired of it, but seriously dont blame a uniform, blame the players and coaches behind it....

Thats the first thing zi said after this loss. burn the ****'n throwbacks

Anything pre 1994 shouldnt be allowed within a 1000 ft of this team.

yep......all the throwbacks fault....has nothing to do Denver being a good team

Obviously it is not the throwbacks fault. But, nevertheless, every time I see the Pats in red, I see red after the game.

Enough already, bury these throwbacks once and for all. The team was miserable when they wore them all the time and that is all we seem to get when they make a reappearance, misery.

I will never forget something someone said to me right before SB 36. First we wore red (SB 20) and we lost, then we wore white (SB 31) and we lost, now we are wearing blue (SB 36), maybe this is our time.

We have the best looking uniforms in the NFL, why are we getting nostalgic over a time when we wore goofy looking uniforms and were the laughingstock of the NFL? They look like ass and so did we today.

The old Pat Patriot uniforms have bad mojo. The team looks slow in them, they bring back bad memories, and the team hasn't played well in them so far this season. I agree with the OP -- BURN THOSE DAMN THINGS!

the only throwbacks that need to be burned are denver's. those things are hideous

the only throwbacks that need to be burned are denver's. those things are hideous

I know a lot of people didn't have color tv's back then, but were they color blind in real life as well? :)

yeah the game had nothing to do with the fact that our offense couldn't put together a single scoring drive in the second half. :rolleyes:

The old Pat Patriot uniforms have bad mojo. The team looks slow in them, they bring back bad memories, and the team hasn't played well in them so far this season. I agree with the OP -- BURN THOSE DAMN THINGS!

Yup. Same here. But then again, I'm a very superstitious type of person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes