Welcome to PatsFans.com

Buried with George Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jul 2, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/01/AR2007070100933.html?nav=hcmodule

Buried With Bush

By Fred Hiatt
    Monday, July 2, 2007; Page A19

As the Bush presidency implodes, some of its worst policies mercifully will go, too -- including, we can hope, the torture and unregulated detention of alleged enemy fighters that have so discredited the country throughout the world.

But valuable strands of policy also may end up strewn in the wreckage, victims (in varying combinations) of President Bush's ineptitude, inconstancy and unpopularity. Among these are what Bush called compassionate conservatism, now moribund; American promotion of democracy abroad, now flailing; and accountability in elementary and high school education, losing ground as it approaches a major test in Congress.

Bush most likely lost his last chance to weave compassion into domestic policy last week when he could not persuade his party to put people ahead of fences in immigration reform. And while a shard of compassionate conservatism survives in his foreign-aid budgets and support for AIDS patients in Africa, these will come under increasing pressure from the fiscal squeeze that Bush has designed.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Funny stuff here especially the first paragraph in view of the recent bombing attmpts in London.

Thanks for bringing some humor to the board.

3. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The bombing attempts in London are the handiworks of George Bush and his poodle.

And I find no humor is 3,600 dead American boys.

4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Gotcha, Bush is the cause of Global terror, I guess we imagined the Khobar Towers the first WTC bombing, the Kenyan embassy attacks the attack on the Cole, and of course 9-11.

Yup noting to do with the Islamist all Bush's fault. Brillioant, did you go to Princeton or something? ;)

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

are you ever able to stick to the thread debate and the thread debate exclusively without being a condescending pompous ass to a non-Bushie? or do you read right from the Karl Rove playbook in every aspect of your life?

i mean, just curious... it's funny when Con men here and everywhere accuse the left of having no perspective of the other side, when in fact, no one is more intolerant of other viewpoints than a neocon himself...

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I wonder if he is taped into the online RNC talking points?He and the rest get their script every morning.

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Where's the "Head Buried in the Sand" emoticon ? The Liberals need it.

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

I congratulated Mikey on the humorous post and address the first nonsensical point in the quoted article, I then responded to Mikey's reply to my post.

:singing: :rolleyes:

9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

wheres the "I just crapped my pants Im so scared" emoticon?

The conservatives need it.

Face it...you and the other cons are terrified.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

They bombed the WTC in 1993, it didn't bring the building down as they had planned so the little Smelly Blind Muslim leader told America in the court room "we will be back to finish the job" all through the nineties the Smelly Pigs trained right here in America under Clintons nose then they came back, eight years Billy Blue Dress had to stop them, Bush had eight months, they blame Bush.

Now they are so insane with rage and jealousy that some of them are trying to say Bush was in on the attack, this Libby thing might really drive the more nutty ones right over the edge and start them accusing Bush of flying one of the planes and Jumping Out over the East River just before the plane crashed into the Tower.

I can't wait to see Bush's next move, he's driving them all back to the shrinks again (the shrinks made millions from the disbelieving dingobats when Bush cleaned Kerry's clock)

I bet Bush has a few more surprises before 2008, he's been grinning and stuttering a lot lately, when he starts mumbling watch out Aunt Nancy.
    :bricks:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Said the man, who just told the other guy he was "being a condescending pompous ass" for expressing his viewpoint on the subject. Thanks for the lesson in tolerance. It's very helpful.

Not sure anyone else picked up on the irony of that little gem Press left us with. Awesome stuff. keep it coming. :singing:

12. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I would respectfully add the thousands of Iraqi lives also.