PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burgess: Not mad, just disappointed in myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been late getting to the QB. Maybe this will make him get here before the QB throws.

I really can't blame burgess and thomas for their bad seasons.
BB strategy, I don't know why, isn't rushing the passer, ONLY COVERAGE!

I can only hope BB understands that he is going nowhere!

NICE ATTITUDE DERRICK

He has been late getting to the QB. Maybe this will make him get here before the QB throws.

Maybe he needs to leave earlier when rushing the QB, too. :D

Let's hope it was his wake-up call.

By the way, since this is his first year living in Boston, the error is a little more excusable from him than the others anyway.

Sad day in Patriot-land when accountability impresses . . .

I really can't blame burgess and thomas for their bad seasons.
BB strategy, I don't know why, isn't rushing the passer, ONLY COVERAGE!

I can only hope BB understands that he is going nowhere!

NICE ATTITUDE DERRICK

Unless I missed something, they were using a lot of blitzes against Miami, and NONE of them even managed a hurry on Henne. I think that may be why they are focusing on coverage, because even when they blitz they get no pressure so might as well focus on coverage.

I think this is Burgess's way to say "Hey coach, I don't even know this guy (AD), and I certainly ain't with him".

..... and it was well said.

Re: Burgess: Not mad just disappointed in me

If he makes an impact on the game I think a lot of people will see this as the first sign of Burgess turning it around. But talk is cheap. As you just said Derrick, show us with your actions, on Sunday.

oh yeah? Maybe when things are normal. Not so when you just suffered a public rebuke and you have a big colleague trying to distract and tear the locker room cohesiveness.

Even if he doen't perform well, my respect for him went up significantly for demonstrating the intangible qualities that send the right signal and message, especially when the team is on a down streak.

GO PATS!

Burgess finally shows up. Good for him, this is what the team needs, and hopefully his disappointment will translate into motivation and sacks.

It sounds like Burgess would like to play another year, as his contract calls for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back