Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bumbling Republicans about to shoot themselves in foot

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PonyExpress, May 9, 2007.

1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

It's pretty clear to me, at least, that Romney would win a general election against any of the feeble Democrat field. He has the comportment, bearing, eloquence, and appearance to effectively sucker the weak-minded. Yet the Republican so-called base is clamoring for the feeble Fred Thompson, a professional phony even before his political career, whom they suddenly feel has some claim to ideological authenticity. Thompson is a sure loser, a Bob Dole reincarnate whose best public performances were bit parts in B-movies. You can't underestimate the folly of a party in crisis. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the 'Crats are Fred's biggest back room supporters, much as the French left fostered Le Pen, and the elephants are clapping and snickering for Obama, allowing him to spread doomed political wings.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +721 / 11 / -7

Will they do this while hunting?

3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

no, when they hunt they tend to shoot for the face.:)

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

I don't think Thompson will run. I also don't think the Dems have a real strong candidate despite the interest they generate now. Obama is pretty much an empty suit and Hillary has enormous negatives in polls.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Have not seen anyone on either side of the aisle that has been all that inspirational.. too bad, had hoped someone would step forth that many can believe in, so I do not have to vote for the least worst candidate instead of the best.

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whew..!! For a second there I thought you were going to announce the Republicans were nominating John Kerry for President..!! You had me scared for a minute there..!! Fortunately, no political party on the planet could ever be so stupid as to do that... right..?