Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bullfighting: pro or con?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by apple strudel, May 24, 2010.

?

Do you support a ban on bullfighting?

1. Ban it!

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Free it!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Pinko Commie!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So after seeing the picture of Julio Aparicio being gored recently I thought what better place to talk about bullfighting than good ol' PF?

I've seen bullfights in Seville and it's a fascinating experience. Before anything happens everybody in the stadium knows the bull is going to die, no matter what. The trick is finding out exactly how the bull will die - with strength, courage, and putting up a good fight or will it die an average death. The other trick is seeing the courage of the matador. They place themselves in death's path, and the nearer to death they come, and the more gracefully they face death, the better. It's quite a spectacle. My position is that it would be a shame to ban the sport (or whatever you want to call it) in spite of its obvious cruelty. The bull who gored Julio will probably have parts go up in a museum in a perverse but apparently honest form of honor.
  2. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess I don't really care, but if I had to choose, I'd probably go with ban it. A guy stands in a ring and stabs an animal to death? Weeee... seems boring to me. Will the bull die with strength and courage? Who cares, it's an animal. It will do what it's instincts do. It can't really think outside the box. And the matador having courage? Pfft. You want courage, go look at a policeman, a firefighter, a soldier. These people do dangerous things all the time, but they don't do it for a crowd, they do it because they have real courage.
    However, in my eternal hatred for all things PETA, I think I will recant my previous position of ban it and change it to support!

edit: because of my flip floppery, I will vote Pinko Commie
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

I voted to "ban it" I always root for The Bull, when I see pictures of the poor old Bull standing there with 5 or 6 knives or whatever they are sticking out of him, with blood dripping all over his body I pray to God the Bull gets the chance to gore the living sh!t out of the savage animal bastard Matador, hopefull several times in The groin.
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Kneel 20 feet in front of a charging bull with only a cape to defend you and then get back to me. When you see that guy or girl crossing themselves then you get a sense of what they're facing.
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Is the look on his face any different than the look on the face of the pit bull with his front leg half-torn off and left eye hanging out of it's socket just before his opponent makes the final lunge?

It's a moot question since bull fighting isn't legal in The United States and doesn't take place in The United States. I'd say, however, if you're going to try legalizing bullfighting here you'd be hard put to justify outlawing dog fighting because there's really no difference at all, is there? Other than the dogs are at least fighting a much more balanced and fair fight.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm sure you have a well thought out logical basis to justisfy a cruel "sport's" continuation and at the same time point out that you would even call it a "shame" to have to stop it.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

Imagine an old retired Matador who has killed hundreds of Bulls and has trophys hanging all over his walls then as he finally takes his last breath and dies he is buried with his sword laying beside him and he is covered with his Red Cape, OH Lay, :singing::singing:

After this a$s hole makes his trip through the Tunnel and enters the kingdom of heaven he is happy as a pig in
    sh!t he made it and his Sword came with him, I'm in heaven he says, then he finds out that God Is A F-cking Bull.
  8. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yes, obviously. And yes, it does suck to watch the bull die. Especially when the Matador misses the spinal cord. :(
    Talking about Spain and Mexico, not that the US or the PF has any real influence in this matter. Yes, it is admittedly moot.
  9. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Harry, you're on a roll today.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Perverse can be honor? In what world?

Here's the only way a human killing another animal can be honorable: Whoever killed it must eat it or make sure someone else does. This is a sick sport and there is no honor in killing an animal if it isn't life and death or for food, clothing or shelter, unless it's a mosquito and it's sucking the blood out of my arm.
  11. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The bulls are slaughtered after the fight and eaten. I saw a lot of bull tail on tapas menus. Not exactly the kind of tail I was looking for. Bada bing!
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

Jackie Onassis once said " I will not allow Caroline to use a Riding Crop on her pony, the thought of Macaroni (the pony) being struck with a whip horrifies me.
    A week later she went to a Bullfight with Anthony Quinn and said she loved it--------:confused::confused:

Humans Are Very Strange we still have much of the animal savagery in us.
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

Been to two bullfights in my life, once when I was young and drunk.. the second time was sober, the grossest thing ever seen.. after the picadores, and the other dudes soften up the bull, with spears, swords and the such.. then the Matador stabs him in the back.. we walked out, when we were sober..

Anyone who has any respect for animals has to walk out..
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Seems cruel and unfair ... but it is part of their culture and I doubt it's going to go away anytime soon.
  15. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Only a cape? Funny, how do they kill the bull with just a cape?
    Wow, a guy crossing himself before facing an animal. I watched Steve Irwin dive on 12 foot crocodiles hundreds of times without crossing himself, does that mean he was in less danger?
    A couple months ago a Special Forces soldier said before leaving for a mission "I think I'm going to go for a knife kill today". He did NOT bring a knife with him.
    He also did not cross himself.
    But he was just facing a human enemy who uses boobytraps, ambushes, guns, and is willing to blow themselves up... not NEAR as intimidating as a bull! Those bulls are whiley!
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

PETA worries about fish, frogs, ants and chickens but I can't ever remember them complaining about a Bull being tortured to death in an arena full of screaming scumsucking bastard dirty people.

If publicly torturing an animal is part of their culture they should be NUKED, glad I don't belong to that culture.
  17. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you're saying you didn't vote for support it?? :)
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +335 / 1 / -9

Yup........:mad:
  19. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You are a nicely reactionary guy. I think you've focused too much on the religious gesture and not enough on the 2000 pounds of muscle and anger charging full speed straight at the matador. (I'm going to sit on the idea that you've bought into the worship the troops propaganda and nonsense.)
  20. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm still sitting on the idea that you think it would be a shame to end an activity you admit is cruel. :confused:That's what I call nonsense.