Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bulletin u.s. Unemployment rate jumps to 6.1%

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by shmessy, Sep 5, 2008.

1. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,774 / 12 / -17

#75 Jersey

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Sto...A10E-5540-480C-B7DC-DEBD87E744EB}&siteid=mktw

Bush $150 Billion placebo economic stimulus checks to go spend more at the malls didn't work. Obama proposes $150 billion for the future of alternative energy in this country that will build our infrastructure and put millions of new well paying jobs in THIS country.

Who's planning for the future and who is pandering to the "immediate gratification- screw our children and grandchildren" crowd?

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 15 / -13

But, John McCain was a POW.

3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

The Messiah wil fix it all guys. No sweat, just a couple more weeks now. We know the economy will turn on his every word.

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Wow! Some one sure like the bullshit flavored Kool-aid.

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Well actually, PFiEL, it is a fact patch-work fixes can't help our economy with any lasting change. The world dynamics are changing. US cars aren't selling and our auto makers are "begging" for help to re-tool their facilities to get with the times. We can no longer depend upon artificially created bubble-economies to sustain us.

So Smessy is right, dramatic changes are needed. We are an "old" economy in need of big help. Since there are no short-term fixes, investing in new infrastructure is the right thing to do.

6. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Mcain was a POW. We should be fine , because Pow is the ultimate solution to our problems. I don't know how can we live without POW experience.
    In POW,we trust.

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Why is this a bulletin ? It's a normal, average unemployment rate for this country. And, btw, McCain has proposed energy programs too - I believe he said the biggest push in decades - just because he didn't give a dollar figure doesn't make it less. And drilling our own oil is a job creater too.

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Well McCain is also for more alternative energy, plus domestic drilling so that will create even more high paying jobs.

Drastic change? Your boys have tanked this economy since 2006, why in gods name would I want that?

Obama + Pelosi + Reid = Ultimate disaster.

9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Actually PFiEL, if you believe democrats OR republicans are to blame, you don't know much about economics. BOTH are to blame. I will even say, all just about all economic growth since the Reagan era has been fed by bubble-economics...it has largely been an illusion.

During true or real times of prosperity, Americans experience increased income on par with the rate of growth. Even more importantly, their disposable income grows on par with economic growth. Well, that hasn't happened since the 1960's in real terms.

In my opinion, we need a leader who inspires Americans. We are losing hope as a nation, so the leader who can unite us best in a common cause & instill hope for all is the best person for the job of POUSA.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

The Blessed Great Messiah will stand before the multitudes, he will wiggle his ears then deliver one of his "orgasm, fainting leg tingling speeches" the economy will rebound overnight, blind people will see, the crippled shall rise from their wheelchairs and walk, Jesus Jumping Christ, I'm becoming sexually arroused just thinking about it, release the doves and sound the trumpets the Great And Holy Messiah Barack Hussein Obooma will save the world.

GOD DAMN AMERICA

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 7 / -2

I've been saying all along that employment data is critical, so obviously the loss of 80,000+ jobs in August is not good. I think we're seeing why the fed has infused so much cash into the financial markets to ensure they don't fail.

Smess, please with the talking points about the stim checks, and the alternative energy diarea. We all know the stim check was a hand out, but it was done by DC as a whole. Also, GDP was 3.3% last quarter so in essence, the immediate infusion of cash did do what was intended. Whether or not it's good long term policy is clearly something I'd guess we're in agreement with (it's not good policy). However, any plan to toss $150 Billion give away into alternative energy wouldn't see immediate results. Who gets the money? when do you release it into the market? How long will it take for those dollars to make a tangiable impact on the economy? What does the money specifically go to? None of that even gets into the fact that a give away, is a give away. Whether you open your wallet and give the people $150 billion, financial institutions $150 billion, or some alternative energy whatever $150 billion, it's a give away.

12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,381 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Threw up in my mouth when I read this one.
    You need a crash course in global economics.
    What has Pelosi done in her 2 years for alternate energy in this country. Pelosi and her cronies control the house and other than adding pork to the bailout fiasco and Iraq funding she has done nothing ... But I know ... Obama will ... she's waiting for the messiah ... I get it shmessy.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +677 / 7 / -2

No Sh!t. I watched maybe 6 minutes of his speech last night. Since I pay attention to politics, I've already heard the POW story a zillion times. Fine, it's the convention, and he's talking to more people than ever before, some of which actually don't know it (my gf never knew the detailed story till last night). Still though, I kept changing the channel, and changing back to see if he was going to talk about anything else. Well, maybe I was switching at the wrong times, but all I heard was about his service. Sheesh.

I'm so sick of politics right now. More than anything, I'm sick of this presidential election. I remember, during the early primary's, waiting up to hear Obam-uh give his speech. At first I was like everyone else, really interested cuz of what a masterful speaker he is. Well, when I waited up for the 3rd speech, and it was identical to the first, and second speech, I tuned out. This is by far the worst set of candidates I've ever seen. To think that Sarah Palin is the most ready to govern is a joke. What do Obam-uh, Biden, and McLame know about running anything? Obam-uh talks about "hope, change, George Bush"....Biden talks about himself, McLame talks about his being a POW, and Palin is simply hot. I'm really not happy with the tickets. Anyone who says that their ticket is good, should be admitted to a mental institution. Somebody has to win I guess, but if you ask me, we're the losers.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +677 / 7 / -2

What infrastructure? Seriously? I keep hearing all these talking points from every angle. Left, right, up, and over. What infrastructure? I think what's even more infuriating than seeing the two tickets for what they are, which is a joke, is to see people regurgitate (sp?) the talking points each side spews, that have zero specifics, and probability. What infrastructure? What alternative sources? Where is the $150 billion coming from, who is it going to, and what for? What are we going to change dramatically? Hillary...change...Romney...change....Obama...change....McCain...change...

Change, change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change Change, change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change Change, change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change Change, change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change Change, change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change Change, change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change change...

Is anyone else sick of this fukcing word? I WANT SPECIFICS DAMMIT! :mad:

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +677 / 7 / -2

Hope for what? Is hope going to lower my tax burden? Is hope going to seal the border? Is hope going to shrink government by the 40% we need? Is hope going to bring oil prices down to a reasonable figure? How much will hope chop off the $550 a month I pay for health insurance? Is hope going to halve entitlement programs? Is hope going to limit the power of the MIC?

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,381 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

what has that got to do with unemployment ... oh i know ... thread hijack.

17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Anyone blindly bringing up the POW thing is just being a stupid assshole, not that much of the speech was about that. Screw you, Patters, you aren't a moderator you're an instigator.

18. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Is McCain Overplaying the POW Card?

Superpow ?

19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +607 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

No he's not but he has to tell his story. Now that we're past the conventions I doubt you'll hear that too much.

20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I can read the frustration you feel. NO sense in getting down on this RW. First of all, you can't get exact specifics on every single platform policy each candidate has. No one has ever done that. They have always been generalized initiatives.

Any money put into new industry will result in an infrastructure. Just as with the birth of the automobile, there was initially no infrastructure...now there is one. It took years to build that. What Obama is proposing is to speed up the process of building an infrastructure by infusing cash incentives into it. If you think a candidate is supposed to be an expert on every single issue that has to do with being president, you'll never find such a superman (or woman).

The fact is, we need this industry to emerge quicker than it could under natural evolution. Common sense tells us that.