PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bulger benched

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcdavey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
and before the trade deadline

i wonder if you guys will make a play for him, i wonder how horrible his contract is?

if i'm the rams , i try and deal him, rams are going literally nowhere so stockpiling picks seems really smart right now

link = http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Last edited:
i know a lot of fans will get fascinated but wont happen
bb has said this before, its hard to come in and learn a new system
plus its not like the rams are saying they are rebuilding -just linehan is trying to save his job .if he deals bulger it means they threw in the towel for the season which wont happen.
not too mention the salary is way too high. but iam sure we will see a few 'get bulger' threads

i know a lot of fans will get fascinated but wont happen
bb has said this before, its hard to come in and learn a new system
plus its not like the rams are saying they are rebuilding -just linehan is trying to save his job .if he deals bulger it means they threw in the towel for the season which wont happen.
not too mention the salary is way too high. but iam sure we will see a few 'get bulger' threads
he seems like a smart qb, he also seems like a guy who is very capable of running the type of O NE ran last year

he did when he had bruce and holt together

his contract is probably ridiculous though, yeah

$10.25 million average salary. And benched by the Rams, who despite the gloom and doom projections for the Patriots is arguably the worst team in the NFL. Two very strong arguments against adding him to the Patriots roster.

Just last July he signed a 6 year $65M deal with $27M in GUARANTEED MONEY. He's not going anywhere. Only a team looking for a franchise QB would assume that kind of deal, only an idiot would renegotiate to facilitate a trade and the cap hit would cripple Linehan's imminent replacement. He's become an injury concern since 2005 and while he rebounded in 2006 it's been all downhill since signing that deal. Certainly not entirely his fault but it would mke him a high risk option that would only work for a team with an OL and all the other pieces in place to keep him upright and functional.

PF1996 must be on suicide watch...

$10.25 million average salary. And benched by the Rams, who despite the gloom and doom projections for the Patriots is arguably the worst team in the NFL. Two very strong arguments against adding him to the Patriots roster.

It's doubtful he'll be available to anyone let alone a team looking for a stopgap. Georgia's kid will let Linnehan do whatever he has to within limits to try and salvage his job and this season. But if he fails he's gone and he's not taking their franchise QB with him... In the long run it's cheaper to let that guy sit then have him carted off the field before Linnehan is becomes another unhappy Rams memory. He's been sacked 11 times already in 3 games. They'll be carting Green off soon enough. Ugh...

Just last July he signed a 6 year $65M deal with $27M in GUARANTEED MONEY. He's not going anywhere. Only a team looking for a franchise QB would assume that kind of deal, only an idiot would renegotiate to facilitate a trade and the cap hit would cripple Linehan's imminent replacement. He's become an injury concern since 2005 and while he rebounded in 2006 it's been all downhill since signing that deal. Certainly not entirely his fault but it would mke him a high risk option that would only work for a team with an OL and all the other pieces in place to keep him upright and functional.

PF1996 must be on suicide watch...

You beat me to it. :D

I like the call to go with Trent he is a great QB, we'll see if he's still the same after his concussion

I like the call to go with Trent he is a great QB, we'll see if he's still the same after his concussion
i wonder if their set to play the texans this season haha

The only place I could see Bulger going to and the transition being a smooth one for both sides would be San Fran with Martz there but with them being in the same division that won't happen. As far as the Pats go he would be a good option talent wise but the numbers just wouldn't work out. He is not a stopgap type of player salary wise, Garcia would be a better option for that but I think BB sticks with Cassel and that decision will eventually turn out to be a good one.

Are we goning to have a thread about every freaking QB in te league while Cassel is out there. Matt Cassel is the teams QB, Kevin O'Connell is the back up QB. Deal with support them and root form them instead of asking a team to waste a draft pick on QB's when the Best QB in the NFL and maybeof all time comes back next year.

Garcia seems to be the logical choice, but there are a bunch of people sitting in the front office who knows what is better for the team. Let them do their work. Patience is a virtue :)

Last edited:
Are we goning to have a thread about every freaking QB in te league while Cassel is out there. Matt Cassel is the teams QB, Kevin O'Connell is the back up QB. Deal with support them and root form them instead of asking a team to waste a draft pick on QB's when the Best QB in the NFL and maybeof all time comes back next year.
Halleluah!

All I know is my fantasy team is cursed...

Tom Brady IR
Marc Bulger benched
Derek Anderson soon to be benched

All I know is my fantasy team is cursed...

Tom Brady IR
Marc Bulger benched
Derek Anderson soon to be benched

lol ouch,
inside tip: pick up trent green

lol ouch,
inside tip: pick up trent green

GAH I was hopin Kerry Collins might be available. I did manage to pick up Trent Edwards, but we start 2 in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes