PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Building my Patriots Big Board: TE's/H-Backs

This got pushed down the board pretty fast, so I thought I would bump it back up.

I think we're showing the same interest in TEs as the Patriots are this year :)

Jerrell Adams is my favourite prospect but this is a weak class - next year is the year to look at TEs, should be a very strong class.

Whilst it's hard to describe him as a TE, I have really taken to, amd am intrigued by, Stephen Anderson this year. Very good short area mover and would be a mismatch for linebackers certainly, and maybe safeties too. But at 230lbs, it's a bit of a stretch to call him a TE.

As you know, I too am very high on Higbee. I think there's some gronk in him in the way he moves and runs his routes. Not saying he can become gronk, but I do believe he can be special. Giving him a year behind gronk and Bennett could be optimal.

This is the bad part of the binky season: getting emotionally attached to players, we probably wont draft. I'll have chocolate and break up music ready come draft day :-(

I think we're showing the same interest in TEs as the Patriots are this year :)

Jerrell Adams is my favourite prospect but this is a weak class - next year is the year to look at TEs, should be a very strong class.

Whilst it's hard to describe him as a TE, I have really taken to, amd am intrigued by, Stephen Anderson this year. Very good short area mover and would be a mismatch for linebackers certainly, and maybe safeties too. But at 230lbs, it's a bit of a stretch to call him a TE.
Yeah, Anderson was a guy I didn't know where to fit in at, which of course means he will be drafted by the Patriots.

I hope so.
I just looked up Anderson-have him as a PFA in my Wide Receiver class. Notes said: receiver/tight end tweener...shows good acceleration and footwork in and out of breaks...good size and gives QB a big target...needs work on tracking the ball and more consistency with his hands...unreliable blocker.

I just looked up Anderson-have him as a PFA in my Wide Receiver class. Notes said: receiver/tight end tweener...shows good acceleration and footwork in and out of breaks...good size and gives QB a big target...needs work on tracking the ball and more consistency with his hands...unreliable blocker.

That's about right. Think of him as a big slot and not as a TE and he becomes more interesting. Gets open quickly which is key in this offense.

I'd like to see them take Tanner McEvoy at the end of the draft and convert him into an H-back. He should also be a good special teams player given that he played some safety at Wisconsin.

Dan Vitale ftw!!!

Harbor can be that te/h back and bb did sign him for two years.

Ahhhh interesting you have him as an RB. Makes sense , he is entering as a FB. Although I think the commitment to Harbor dims the chances of us grabbing him up.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back