PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Building a team throughout the season??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
1. The Pats peaked way too early last season.

2. The undefeated talk adn expectations on a weekly basis is unhealthy and takes its toll.

3. The Pats didn't develop players(aside from Merriweather and Maroney to an extent) last season. We could have used more of a fresh Woods in the playoffs on a pass rush.

4. For next season.... I personally think it would be better just to bring in some young new players with great upside via the draft and let them grow into their rolls(ie. David Harris).

Sure they will take their lumps and make mistakes early on but by the end of the season they should be playing at a very good level(ie. Merriwether). BM would have been even better IMO if he had gotten the snaps.

It's about building a team throughout the season and gettign to the top of the mountain. it has to be tough maintaining the high elvel when you reach the top of the mountain by week 5.

I just hope they bring some youth in and let them grow into their roles by giving them snaps. and I hope they give Dave Thomas and Chad Jackson some legit snaps as well as Woods.

I don't think we did much of that last season for overall team development.

The offense scored 14 points in the SB because they scored too many points earlier in the season?? Because we did not develop....um...who, exactly? Chad Jackson?? Not buying it. They went to the SB and took a dump. (Apologies to Wes Welker, who has more heart than the next five guys.)

I would add apologies to Faulk, who also played very well.

The offense scored 14 points in the SB because they scored too many points earlier in the season?? Because we did not develop....um...who, exactly? Chad Jackson?? Not buying it. They went to the SB and took a dump. (Apologies to Wes Welker, who has more heart than the next five guys.)

I would add apologies to Faulk, who also played very well.

Agreed. Best season of his career. Both Welker and Faulk consistently made plays underneath to keep the chains moving. It was the vertical game and running game that died in Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down