PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo might have a team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Granted, they should have found a way to win today.

We stunk it up pretty good in the first half. Their lack of confidence showed in the second half, but.....

I saw the elements of a pretty good team there.

Losman looks acceptable and their receivers are very good. McGahee is a top running back and their defense has been pretty good for a while.

McGee is a top returner too.

With all the Dullfins propaganda, this might be the stronger team near seasons end.

I agree, the Bills are a dangerous team when they don't kill themselves. If I was a Bills fan I would be very happy, the future is looking bright.

Yeah, anyone that plays the Pats tough must be supremely talented!!!! I guess!!

RayClay said:

We stunk it up pretty good in the first half. Their lack of confidence showed in the second half, but.....

Losman looks acceptable and their receivers are very good. McGahee is a top running back and their defense has been pretty good for a while.

With all the Dullfins propaganda, this might be the stronger team near seasons end.

I would agree with that. Losmann is now in his thirds season and QBs should be maturing about that time. They have everyhting else except an Offensive line, but Miami doesn't have one either. The Bills might actually have a more respectable one than the Dolphins have.

The Bills surprised me, but I think they have a long way to go. I thought their run blocking was surprisingly strong early on, and Jauron has incorperated a nasty pass rush.

On the other hand, there was little variety to that offense. Buffalo will play teams tough, but will struggle to put up points concictently until their passing game develops a little more.

feelthepain said:
Hey when you're right you're right. Unless it's the Doofins, then it's just a fluke.

The problem is Losmans confidence if they win that game his confidence soars and i think they make waves. But in the 2nd half you could see it shrinking before it was finally crushed and I think it sets the BIlls back into a tailspin for future weeks.

Buffalo has some good players on the line. That kid Peters is a good player, and Villarial isn't horrible.

They look strong enough to finish third just above the Fish.

feelthepain said:

Except when we stuck them with Bledslow, they haven't foolishly traded away picks, that I know of.

How many top picks have the dullfins traded away McFeely your PAIN? 2 #1s for Ganja Ricky.

A number 2 for Mr. Mcfeely!!! Another # 2 for Daunte, (I'm nothing without Randy), Culpepper.

Even the Redskins would be embarassed with that.

Last edited:
Losman looked acceptable playing from a lead he did nothing to earn. When you start off with a 7 point handicap, you gain a little confidence. At the end, the real Losman, the one that panics and can't find the open man came out. That's the Losman that would've played the whole game had the first play never happened. Just like the Brady you saw would've been the Brady of the Watson and Faulk throws.

primetime said:
Losman looked acceptable playing from a lead he did nothing to earn. When you start off with a 7 point handicap, you gain a little confidence. At the end, the real Losman, the one that panics and can't find the open man came out. That's the Losman that would've played the whole game had the first play never happened. Just like the Brady you saw would've been the Brady of the Watson and Faulk throws.

Well, he's young and he has some receivers and running backs. Teams have been known to be successful with less than top notch QBs.

Can't recall a team in the salary cap era that prospered by trading their first and second round picks with little to show for it except more free agents to replace the failed glamorous vets.

Last edited:
I thought Jauron and Buffalo game-planned well for the opener. Their weakness, though, is the same as last years - rushing defense. The Bills were 2nd to last against the run in 2005. It's too early to say, but Tripplett and McCargo sure as heck didn't do much to bolster that ranking today.

Still, credit the Bills for man-handling the Patriots o-line for most of the day and, dare I say, rattling Tom Brady.

I'll take the win.

primetime said:
Give Hobbs a little credit. He did a heluva job shutting down Evans.

RayClay said:

i totally agree. without any doubt BUF playied much more better then everyone expected.

i give credit to them.

yeah, they definately have a ways to go still, and losman still needs so grow some, but they definately came out and played much more inspired and tough footbal than last year.

I bet you they will knock off a few teams this year.

even though it swung the game in our favor, I think Jauron trying to go for it on the 4th and 1 stuff we got, was a good choice. It was something I think Belicheck would have done in the same situation.

I think the Bills are in a much better position this year with the coaching staff than they have been in the past...we'll have to see how that translates, but at least Jauron is having them play to win instead of previous coaches playing to lose or just playing it safe.

Kudo's to the Bills for opening our eyes a little bit, but it was the first week and a full game. I expect to see the Patriots roar out of the gate next week against the Jets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes