PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo fumble at end of 1st half?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia44

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Does anyone know why buffalo's last play of the first half wasn't ruled a fumble? The receiver fumbled after the reception and I thought Ellis Hobbs recovered and returned it when time ran out.

Was it ruled incomplete?
Down by contact?

Apparently ruled down by contact..a lot of odd things at the end of a hald..accoriing to the game book..it was no turnover and enf of half..

FYI-
according to Mike Reiss in today's Globe,the Elias Sports Bureau is going to review the fumble at the end of the first half,as it was not accounted for by the official stats person from Buffalo.

So,there's a decent chance the Pats could get credit for another turnover.

I heard it was not accounted for because the Refs did not spot the ball afterward so the scorer could not count it. It will be reviewed and then Hobbs will get credit for the fumble.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

October 25, 2006
Scoring changes

There have been three official scoring changes from Sunday's game against the Bills:

1) The Patriots were credited with a forced fumble and recovery on the final play of the first half. DL Mike Wright forced the fumble, while CB Ellis Hobbs recovered the fumble, and was credited with a 5-yard return.

2) A third-quarter sack that was shared between Rodney Harrison and Rosevelt Colvin was awarded solely to Harrison.

3) A fourth-quarter punt by Josh Miller was initially credited as a 46-yard punt. It was a 47-yarder.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 08:42:04 PM

Last edited:
I watched the game at someone else's house last sunday and forgot to TIVO it, thought I saw that happen.. but could not find any thread referencing it or anything in the game book. Oh well another turnover in our favor is a good thing.

I am glad it was reviewed...I wonder how closely they review a game..WHen I look at a game, I have seen at times tackles made by a player credied to another...Wonder if others notice that?? Not rare..but I have seen that..
Another turnover..is always GREAT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes