PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo Bills LB Kiko Alonso injured while working out

Terrible news if true. Alonso looked like a young Sean Lee last year - unfortunately that comparison may be playing out a little too literally.

Hey, you! Stealing my avatar...:mad:

Terrible news for the Bills.

I don't recognize the character. Who is it/what show or movie is he on? And should I start watching this show or movie immediately?

The Red Viper, Game of Thrones. And the answer to your question is an emphatic yes. Best show on TV right now, IMHO.

Yeah I have to find the time to start GOT from season 1, episode 1. Mine is of Lorne Malvo from the television adaptation of "Fargo". If you guys haven't gotten a chance to check that out yet, I would very highly recommend it. Both Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman deserve Emmy's for their performances on that show. Thornton, in particular, was excellent.

Yeah I have to find the time to start GOT from season 1, episode 1. Mine is of Lorne Malvo from the television adaptation of "Fargo". If you guys haven't gotten a chance to check that out yet, I would very highly recommend it. Both Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman deserve Emmy's for their performances on that show. Thornton, in particular, was excellent.

Haven't watched ***o, but Thornton is always outstanding. Anything with Martin Freeman is good.

GOT is incredibly well done. They've captured the best aspects of the world created by the books, and condensed it down to make it work on TV, getting rid of a lot of the extraneous meanderings of the books, while retaining some of the best of the writing. The sets and camera work are terrific, the acting is generally exceptional, and some of the smaller roles (including the 2 highlighted in these posts) are quite memorable.

If Alonso was working out on his own, does that place him on NFI? I wonder how this affects him from a contract perspective.

If Alonso was working out on his own, does that place him on NFI? I wonder how this affects him from a contract perspective.

Florio jumped all over that one:

With Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso reportedly tearing an ACL while working out in Oregon, the Bills could play hardball with the high-impact 2013 rookie, if they want. Because the injury happened away from the facility, it’s a non-football injury. And teams are not required to pay players who suffer non-football injuries.

But teams can choose to pay. Failing to pay a player who suffers an injury while working out in preparation for training camp would equate to a message that players are better off sitting on the couch, watching bowling and eating pork rinds.

The importance of not discouraging players from working out should be balanced against the possibility that a player who has suffered an injury doing something other than working out will claim that he was working out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/02/bills-could-stiff-alonso-in-theory/

The twitter speculation is he'll be NFI'ed but paid so that they don't create bad blood with one of their best players. Just speculation though.

I hope that didn't happen with a ton of weight over him, gym accidents can be nasty

Last edited:
Probably not the best clip to link to for someone who's debating whether or not to start watching. Spoilers galore, and big ones.

I do like the theme though, count me in.

Haha, are we starting a GoT avatar club?

Probably not the best clip to link to for someone who's debating whether or not to start watching. Spoilers galore, and big ones.

I do like the theme though, count me in.

I'm not debating. I'll watch it. It's just about finding the time to start it from the beginning. I'm sure it's awesome. Am I the only one on here that has followed Fargo? What a phenomenal mini-series that was. The Coens can't miss.

I'm not debating. I'll watch it. It's just about finding the time to start it from the beginning. I'm sure it's awesome. Am I the only one on here that has followed Fargo? What a phenomenal mini-series that was. The Coens can't miss.

I have been meaning to check Fargo out as well, Kontra. I will swap it out for that terrible series on Showtime--"Penny Dreadful," which is indeed dreadful in my opinion. Hoping and expecting to find Fargo on demand.

I have been meaning to check Fargo out as well, Kontra. I will swap it out for that terrible series on Showtime--"Penny Dreadful," which is indeed dreadful in my opinion. Hoping and expecting to find Fargo on demand.

Should be under FX. Episode 1 is phenomenal. Allow 2, 3, and 4 to go into character development before 5 starts kicking ass again.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back