PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo Bills hire Rex Ryan as head coach

I do not hope they get Cutler, i Think he is a better qb than many of you guys makes him to be
No he isn't. He's awful. And he isn't going to get any better at his age.

Never had a season with a rating that hit 90. Never threw for more than 27 TDs. He is what he is. Mediocre with the ego of a superstar diva.

One thing I worry about is Revis.

Bills have the $$. Rex may want to get him. That helps him in 2 ways: Better D, and sticking it to the Patriots.

I don't think rex will even get a chance to talk to him..they will reach a deal before FA

I heard M&M discussing the possible destinations for Rex and they were talking about it from the vantage point of teams that already had offensive pieces in place and just needed some one like Rex to fix the defense. I wondered why the obvious didn't occur to them; "Why not just hire him as the defensive coordinator then"?

I don't understand why he is still in demand as a HC when he failed so miserably to coach all three phases of the game in NY.

Maybe the league just realizes that anyone working for the Rats will always look worse than they are just because the ownership is so bad.

Still, I would have preferred to get him out of the AFCE as beating the Pats will still be his Superbowl.
Nah, he's going to be tied up being obsessed with the Jets now.

I've seen what Ryan could do with a top defense in the past. It's moronic for people to dismiss that as if it doesn't matter. Brady's not getting any younger, and I'd rather not have one of the guy's who's been successful at putting him on the turf planning against him twice a year, especially if they retain Schwartz, as expected.
If they retain Schwartz as expected, I fully expect them to break out if fistfights before 3 weeks have gone by.

Rex seemed to appeal to several teams and I just don't see the attraction. If you like what he can do for your defense then hire him as DC, but he failed miserably at the other aspects of being a HC.

Oh well, if he fails in Buffalo he won't sniff another HC job for a long long time.

I didn't understand why Cleveland hired Mangini as HC right after being fired from another HC position and he bombed miserably in Cleveland.

Now where is he?

If they retain Schwartz as expected, I fully expect them to break out if fistfights before 3 weeks have gone by.

Don't see Schwartz staying.
They have very different plans for defensive mediocrity that will conflict with each other.

By the way, as far as the Rexcuse that its the Jets organization and Rex Ryan is really a great coach, consider this.
Last 3 Jet coaches:

Ryan 6 years 46-50 2/6 made playoffs
Mangini 3 years 23-25 1/3 made playoffs
Edwards 5 years 39-41 3/5 made playoffs

Not sure how this adds up to Rex is great and the organization stinks.

this is gonna be real tedious seeing bigmouth Wrecks plastered all over the Buffalo papers and getting all this press and...oh...wait....Barfalo?....you mean he sent himself to HELL??...must be the guilty toe sucking conscience...go get 'em Fatty Fraud!!!

We are SO f'n lucky! Two games against the Jets, two games against Rex. Definitely get Indy and Luck. Do we get the Ravens next year? Every game is going to be a marquee match-up.

Let's get the band back together!!

Honestly, given their available options at QB Sanchez is a reasonable choice.

Plus changing the tattoo to a Bill's jersey should be as easy as fitting 14 foot references into a press conference.

D will be really good

At least he has Sammy Watkins to work with

He'll figure out ways to get Spiller involved better than the staff before him

He will have more freedom to do things his way

He knows the AFC East

I don't think rex will even get a chance to talk to him..they will reach a deal before FA

I hope the Patriots keep him. But, Revis may be looking for that FINAL big contract.

Greg Roman's off to Buffalo. Now, let's get a g*d d*amn snack!

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/...alizes-contract-to-become-rex-ryans-offensive

PS: Ryan and Schwartz have very different defensive philosophies. Also given that Schwartz was the one who asked his players to carry him off the field, I have a hard time seeing their personalities mesh. The stadium won't be big enough for the two of them, IMHO.

Greg Roman's off to Buffalo. Now, let's get a g*d d*amn snack!

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/...alizes-contract-to-become-rex-ryans-offensive

PS: Ryan and Schwartz have very different defensive philosophies. Also given that Schwartz was the one who asked his players to carry him off the field, I have a hard time seeing their personalities mesh. The stadium won't be big enough for the two of them, IMHO.

Nfln said that Rex already hired the jets D coordinator for buffalo. Schwartz is gone for sure

So, it's going to be Ryan's defense:

Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz will not return for the 2015 season, a league source said Monday night.

The reason, according to the source, was due to differing defensive philosophies.

Schwartz and new Bills coach Rex Ryan spoke about the direction of the defense within the last 24 hours.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12158322/jim-schwartz-return-buffalo-bills

He's going to bring Thurman (his most recent DC with the Jets) over for the job.

heh....look, we all KNOW he's a circus clown. Is anyone surprised the circus just left NYC for another stop on the Blubberguts,Blabbermouth $ Ringless Brothers show? How about THIS blast from the past???

tumblr_mdj75chyut1rfimo0o1_r1_1280.jpg

NY Media is brutal to poor Rexie, at least in Buffalo they will respect his genius and be very tolerant of his shenanigans, but there will be less media attention.

It is no easy feat to rebuild another team in your likeness, but after begin defeated only 7 times last year they are well on their way once again.. it will not be a shoe in as they have changed the HC, O Coordinator and D Coordinator.. Schwartz is shuffling out the door...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...is-thurman-to-be-bills-defensive-coordinator/

According to Kimberly Jones of NFL Media, Thurman will reunite with new Bills coach Rex Ryan and serve as the defensive coordinator in Buffalo.

Conversely, that means Schwartz – who helped the Bills become the league’s fourth-ranked defense in 2014 – will not be back with the team. His departure has been confirmed via multiple reports.

My only concern is he has some good defensive pieces to work with. He's getting a slightly better overall roster. His problem in Buffalo appears to be exactly what it was in NY ... no QB. I kind of wanted him out of the division, but whatever.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back