PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buddy Nix and Mark Dominik Phone Pranked -- Brillant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish a Patriot fan had somehow gotten these guys to talk about Spygate offhandedly.

Wonder how Fitzpatrick will feel about this...although it shouldn't be surprising to him. He went in the toilet basically right after he signed his extension.

Listening to this now, funny.

It's a brilliant prank, but I've got a feeling there could be legal action taken here. The league doesn't take too kindly to things like this and considering he impersonated an NFL employee there could (and probably will) end up being a lawsuit. Not to mention I believe legally you have to inform someone if they're being recorded, although I could be wrong there.

Last edited:
Those clowns could have just cost people jobs.

Those clowns could have just cost people jobs.

If you allow this to happen to you and you're a GM of an NFL team... You should be fired..

That is unacceptable especially with the security technology they have in place today

It's a brilliant prank, but I've got a feeling there could be legal action taken here. The league doesn't take too kindly to things like this and considering he impersonated an NFL employee there could (and probably will) end up being a lawsuit. Not to mention I believe legally you have to inform someone if they're being recorded, although I could be wrong there.

I'm sure the lawyers at deadspin will take care of it

If you allow this to happen to you and you're a GM of an NFL team... You should be fired..

That is unacceptable especially with the security technology they have in place today

Yeah, I don't buy that for a moment.

....Not to mention I believe legally you have to inform someone if they're being recorded, although I could be wrong there.

That varies from state to state.

The poor dumb secretaries will be the first to go.

< hoping one of them trashes Goodell in there >

The poor dumb secretaries will be the first to go.

I'm seeing people call the secretaries dumb all over the place, and I can't uderstand it. If someone calls saying they are from Mark Dominik's office and that he wants to speak to Buddy Nix, is the secretary wrong to relay Nix this information? Should she be back checking whoever calls in? They don't operate under the assumption that two regular Joes would have access to that phone number. Saying "sir, someone from Mark Dominik's office tried to reach you and asked you to return the call when you have the time" is a fireable offense now? I don't get it.

I'm seeing people call the secretaries dumb all over the place, and I can't uderstand it. If someone calls saying they are from Mark Dominik's office and that he wants to speak to Buddy Nix, is the secretary wrong to relay Nix this information? Should she be back checking whoever calls in? They don't opperate under the assumption that two regular Joes would have access to that phone number. Saying "sir, someone from Mark Dominik's office tried to reach you and asked you to return the call when you have the time" is a fireable offense now? I don't get it.
I agree with what you're saying about the secretaries. And the number they called is publicly listed so anyone can call it up. I'm guessing people call those numbers a bit, possibly pretending to be someone, looking to get in touch with a coach or GM.

I don't know what the legal ramifications will be but the recording part seems to be the big issue to me.

Mm, gotta admit I squirmed listening to this today. Never been a big fan of these "gotcha" prank calls from deejays, etc. What's the point? Certainly Nix should have known better, but the people who pulled this were stooping pretty low.

That varies from state to state.
You're correct. Dumb (Merloni) and dumber (Mutnansky) were orgasmic over this today. Shocking. It was a poor stunt.

I'm seeing people call the secretaries dumb all over the place, and I can't uderstand it. If someone calls saying they are from Mark Dominik's office and that he wants to speak to Buddy Nix, is the secretary wrong to relay Nix this information? Should she be back checking whoever calls in? They don't operate under the assumption that two regular Joes would have access to that phone number. Saying "sir, someone from Mark Dominik's office tried to reach you and asked you to return the call when you have the time" is a fireable offense now? I don't get it.

I probably shouldn't have called them "dumb" secretaries. Yet, you'd think there would be some kind of screening/verification process (caller ID?) in place to prevent this kind of thing from happening and wasting everyone's time to the point of serious embarrassment.

If I recall from the Monica Lewinsky Affair, it all comes down to from which state the calls emanated. The older woman "friend" who recorded Lewinsky (who was in Maryland, a state which didn't allow telephone recording without consent) was calling from Virginia which (at least at the time) allowed telephone recording without disclosure. It was ruled a legal recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes