PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buddies again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this, I guess they are buddies again.

I just saw this, I guess they are buddies again.

Nah. BB is just picking his brain to get a jump on next season. Notice from the photo that Tuna is the one talking. I predict now that we sweep the fish in 2009.

I don't know. BB looks like the he's trapped at a family reunion with that one drunk uncle that will not shut up.

The imaginary thought bubble I see is: "Somebody, anybody......... SAVE ME. He won't shut the **** up" :D

Good stuff. There's more football knowledge sitting together in that photo than the rest of the coaches from the NFL combined.

A couple of years ago they were at a baseball game in Fla together. Their issues were resolved before that. So there is nothing new about them being seen together.

Parcells addressed this a few years back while he was with the Cowboys. He buried the hatchet with Belichick because he felt at his age he was too old to carry a grudge. I don't think he will ever make amends with Charlie Weis though. I think Parcells will hold a grudge against him until they put him in a ground.

Lol is BB wearing his trademark hoodie inside out?

Parcells addressed this a few years back while he was with the Cowboys. He buried the hatchet with Belichick because he felt at his age he was too old to carry a grudge. I don't think he will ever make amends with Charlie Weis though. I think Parcells will hold a grudge against him until they put him in a ground.

I didn't know that Parcells had issues with Weis.:confused:

Lol is BB wearing his trademark hoodie inside out?

He was trying to be incognito, but the big guy in the loud Dolphins jacket gave him away ;)

Parcells, I believe, has said that the two buried the hatchet years ago when BB called him in Dallas and they just started talking like nothing had ever happened.

I didn't know that Parcells had issues with Weis.:confused:

I think Weis testified against Tuna at the league hearings over BB trying to break his Green Beans contract to take the Patriots job.

I think Weis testified against Tuna at the league hearings over BB trying to break his Green Beans contract to take the Patriots job.

Yep! Parcells was far more betrayed by that than Belichick wanting to leave. In fairness to Weis, Parcells embarrassed Weis earlier in the year by publically stripping him of his play calling duties. There is no love loss between the two.

Yep! Parcells was far more betrayed by that than Belichick wanting to leave. In fairness to Weis, Parcells embarrassed Weis earlier in the year by publically stripping him of his play calling duties. There is no love loss between the two.

Nah, the REAL issue is that they both went after the last bowl of pudding at the buffet. ;-)

He wants Welker back...

BB has talked admiringly of his former boss Parcells before.

BB seems to operate largely on the basis of respect, and he surely -- and rightly -- respects Parcells.

There also was the reporting some recent offseason about BB and Parcells reminiscing about how training cap wasn't as tough as it used to be, and reinstituting the Oklahoma drill or something like that.

Last edited:
Parcells Using Belichick as Sounding Board OTB Sports is the story I was thinking of. Extensive conversations back in 2006, it seems, with Tuna using BB as a "sounding board".

Come to think of it, the last couple of sentences of that article REALLY resonate with what I read in Education of a Coach.

Last edited:

Poor Charlie. He was under oath. What else could he do? Lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down