PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bspn has lost 4 million subscribers in the last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm four up you. I stopped watching ESPN in early 2012. My life improved drastically.
They lost me in January of '06, when multiple analysts stated, or rather shouted on air, that the Patriots had "ZERO chance" of winning the Super Bowl. Not only is that ignorant and stupid, but came after decades of kissing the behind of any defending champion, nevermind a multiple consecutive winner, the following season.

They lost me in January of '06, when multiple analysts stated, or rather shouted on air, that the Patriots had "ZERO chance" of winning the Super Bowl. Not only is that ignorant and stupid, but came after decades of kissing the behind of any defending champion, nevermind a multiple consecutive winner, the following season.
the whole 03 season did it for me, from the they hate their coach Tom Jackson , to the pill popping "the nfl wants...) Limbaugh

I havent been able to watch any of those shows, other than the sporting events , and now, the commenters during the game are just as bad

Let's face it, ESPN isn't that good anymore...

hqdefault.jpg

I prefer my pic from that night, shows just how lost Ray was.

2015-10-06 00.03.58.jpg

Whoops, guess it wasn't the same game. This was Ray struggling to comprehend a safety being worse when a punter boots a missed snap out of the end zone.

The good reasons just pile up:

Cost - they, and the cable news mafia, are some of the biggest contributors to the 300% increase in cable TV costs and the customer is not choosing what their money is being used for - cutting the cord is some families ONLY alternative

Content - sports, sports analysis and highlights is what people want, but more and more its too much human interest (a little = good, 90% = overkill), Hollywood entertainment tie-in, and advertising for ABC tv shows

Politics - from actual political commentary on a sports network to the siding with the corporate vice the fan (customer) this cousin to content is driving viewers away

Alternatives - just like the death of the physical newspaper, cable and tv are suffering with the new generations' move to alternative media consumption - tablet and telephone - truly mobile viewing so you can watch the game while hiking in Yosemite instead of "camping" on the couch

I reduced my bill from >$200 per month to just about $50 and haven't regretted a moment. Obviously not having Sunday Ticket will have some anxiety attached in a couple weeks, but I'll find an alternative.

Mort lies ESPN dies..

I cut down to the basic programming of DirecTV. Where I live I can't get the "free" digital channels, so i can't watch football live. My Patriots games AND SEC games (ROLL TIDE!) are important tome, so I can't fully disconnect.

I did subscribe to Amazon Fire with Amazon Prime and really like that a lot.

If I lived in a location where I could pick up the digital signals without a huge antenna and signal amplifier I'd do it in a heartbeat. But until then, it's the basic DirecTV package for me.

And yeah, FESPN can GFY as far as I'm concerned. They also let go of Coach Ditka for speaking his mind. The onlt time I will tune in to that damned network is if they are the only source for a Patriots or Alabama game. Even then, I feel the need to take a shower and detox myself after tuning in to that damned channel.
Internet access> Laptop> Firstrow sports> HDMI cable>TV = FU NFL & BSPN

And thank you! I'll have to give that a go
the hard part is navigating thru the ads. That can be a bit of a challenge. But once you figure it out, its pretty good. I don't live in the market area and I never miss a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes