PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bspn has lost 4 million subscribers in the last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
And since when was millennial lingo "cool"? ;)

By the way, I didn't know anyone actually did or could subscribe to ESPN individually. I always assumed it was part of most basic cable packages.
and they won't let you unbundle it (not without making you pay more for significantly less).

Cord cutting is tough with kids....

And since when was millennial lingo "cool"? ;)

By the way, I didn't know anyone actually did or could subscribe to ESPN individually. I always assumed it was part of most basic cable packages.

That was tongue-in-cheek. People sound like 'tards when they use that lingo - even if just in social media.

ESPN's mission to treat sports as a soap opera pushed me toward the point of no return ... back during 24/7/365 Favre retirement decade.
The "Lebron Era" ...brought to you by ESPN ......reinforced my awareness that ESPN no longer provided the sports information I desired.
And DeflateGate.........corporate America at its worst .......integrity abandoned.

...."HSPN" ?

Not nearly enough. Less than 89 million to go...

C'mon guys, do your part! :cool:

Not nearly enough. Less than 89 million to go...

C'mon guys, do your part! :cool:

I would but I do like those 30 For 30s and MNF.

I refuse to watch MLB. Jessica Mendoza is brutal.

There are many ways to watch those programs now. May not be as convenient though.
Yep. No reason I can't bring the MacBook in the family room I guess...

PTI used to be one of my favorite shows. I would DVR it every day. I haven't seen it in over two years and I don't miss it one bit. I get to spend an extra half hour here with my fellow Pats fans instead.

I cut down to the basic programming of DirecTV. Where I live I can't get the "free" digital channels, so i can't watch football live. My Patriots games AND SEC games (ROLL TIDE!) are important tome, so I can't fully disconnect.

I did subscribe to Amazon Fire with Amazon Prime and really like that a lot.

If I lived in a location where I could pick up the digital signals without a huge antenna and signal amplifier I'd do it in a heartbeat. But until then, it's the basic DirecTV package for me.

And yeah, FESPN can GFY as far as I'm concerned. They also let go of Coach Ditka for speaking his mind. The onlt time I will tune in to that damned network is if they are the only source for a Patriots or Alabama game. Even then, I feel the need to take a shower and detox myself after tuning in to that damned channel.

Let's face it, ESPN isn't that good anymore...

hqdefault.jpg

I cut down to the basic programming of DirecTV. Where I live I can't get the "free" digital channels, so i can't watch football live. My Patriots games AND SEC games (ROLL TIDE!) are important tome, so I can't fully disconnect.

I did subscribe to Amazon Fire with Amazon Prime and really like that a lot.

If I lived in a location where I could pick up the digital signals without a huge antenna and signal amplifier I'd do it in a heartbeat. But until then, it's the basic DirecTV package for me.

And yeah, FESPN can GFY as far as I'm concerned. They also let go of Coach Ditka for speaking his mind. The onlt time I will tune in to that damned network is if they are the only source for a Patriots or Alabama game. Even then, I feel the need to take a shower and detox myself after tuning in to that damned channel.
Ditka has never been mistaken for a friend of the Patriots.

Yeah f*ck ESPN. But upon reflection, for. I'm starting to get a little worried about how this cord cutter trend will affect us, the Joe Average NFL Fan, 2-5-7 yrs down the road.

Am I missing something, but how else does this all end, except with some type of NFL PPV, or Pay to Stream network? That is, we all pay upfront to watch anything, on a Game by Game basis? We all might hate ESPN but, at least we currently don't have to shell out $20 to watch a game like fans in Canada for the Vancouver Canucks. ESPN made that business mistake, we should actually take advantage of it while it lasts, and laugh at them the whole time of course.

Last edited:
espn is PC garbage. don't watch it don't miss it.

Now THIS is a good ESPN thread. No more ESPN threads should be allowed on this board unless they look similar to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes