PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BSMW on Moss Shifting Standards or Media Creation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
BSMW's take on the Moss hysteria, a voice of reason amongst the NE press on the Randy Moss move.. their perspective should have been echoed by the mainstream media, but they chose to play the hysteria card. Scrolll down to the April 30 post.

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

The philosophy has changed!!!

By now, you've surely heard the outcry from those who claim that the Patriots have changed their standards on player character. Moral arbiters such as Dan Shaughnessy and John Dennis are coming out strong in their sanctimonious outrage over the selection of Brandon Meriweather in the first round on Saturday and the trade for Randy Moss on Sunday. (Sanctimonious is the word that Shaughnessy used this morning to describe the Patriots standards.)

These critics are saying that the Patriots have set aside their standards, that they can no longer stand on the "moral high ground" that they've claimed in the past and that this a major shift in their emphasis on only bringing in "character guys." Shaughnessy goes so far as to say that public perception of the Patriots has forever changed.

It seems that what people will stretch to make the point of a story gets further and further from the truth each time. Do the Patriots value character? Absolutely!

But have you ever heard Bill Belichick or Scott Pioli make an especially big deal about the philosophy on character? Other when praising a specific player? I don't think so.

How long a list can you make of players with supposed character issues who were brought here the last few years? A dozen?

While the Patriots do indeed put an emphasis on having a lot of "character guys," the idea that they only target these types of players is just another media

I remember when all this happened at the Corey Dillon signing nad how did that work out for us hmmm.... the media just needs something to ***** about cause they have no talent or are to lazy to accually do their research.

All I know is Media likes to exaggerate. They make money on this.

I think they are all still a little PO'ed over us getting Borges suspended.
That was an instantly classic moment on the ESPN message board. Writing to a few differen't journalism councils along with sending proof of his plagiarism to the globe, herald, and a few other places was fun, too:D

Last edited:
I think they are all still a little PO'ed over us getting Borges suspended.
That was an instantly classic moment on the ESPN message board. Writing to a few differen't journalism councils along with sending proof of his plagiarism to the globe, herald, and a few other places was fun, too:D

Can you imagine the garbage Borges would have written about the Pats' draft and trades? I so hope his hiatus becomes permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes