PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BSMW bashes D&C for stupidly ripping BB...great read

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the word would D&C hate on BB so much?? All the guy does is win.

Always nice when Bruce Allen BSMW & Scott Benson Patriots Daily do their thing. They so easily point out how awful, uninformed , obnoxious and downright arrogant Dennis & Callahan are. What patriot fan would even listen to these cats anymore - I know I do not, I listen to Sirius NFL radio or music (Jam on is also awesome on Sirius).

Here are a few tidbits, with full article link below.

" Dennis and Callahan this morning naturally ignored the biggest reason why Cutler was worth more in a trade than Cassel was. Hopefully they and all the other conspiracy theorists and Blind Belichick Bashers can read this slowly so they can understand it.
Cutler was valued more because he was under contract for three more years at reasonable money."

"Dennis loudly proclaimed that Cassel only signed his tender just a few days prior to the start of free agency, so that argument that the Broncos had plenty of time to contact the Patriots was false. Dennis of course, couldn’t be more wrong about this. Cassel signed his tender on February 7th - three weeks before the start of free agency."

"Dennis and Callahan are a difficult combination of both agenda-driven and clueless. Bill Belichick is now on the same level as Manny Ramirez and Pedro Martinez in their eyes and they will take every opportunity to try and bash him, even if they"

Boston Sports Media Watch Bruins Top Senators, D&C Bash Belichick. Again

I know the link says bruins, but you will find the complete article here.

Re: BSMW bashes D&C for stupidly ripping BB..great read

I won't turn that station on till 10am

I always enjoy that as well...and seeing them taken on ALWAYS makes my day. They are the garbage of the station..I never listen till 10 either..

Why in the word would D&C hate on BB so much?? All the guy does is win.

Always nice when Bruce Allen BSMW & Scott Benson Patriots Daily do their thing. They so easily point out how awful, uninformed , obnoxious and downright arrogant Dennis & Callahan are. What patriot fan would even listen to these cats anymore - I know I do not, I listen to Sirius NFL radio or music (Jam on is also awesome on Sirius).

Here are a few tidbits, with full article link below.

" Dennis and Callahan this morning naturally ignored the biggest reason why Cutler was worth more in a trade than Cassel was. Hopefully they and all the other conspiracy theorists and Blind Belichick Bashers can read this slowly so they can understand it.
Cutler was valued more because he was under contract for three more years at reasonable money."

"Dennis loudly proclaimed that Cassel only signed his tender just a few days prior to the start of free agency, so that argument that the Broncos had plenty of time to contact the Patriots was false. Dennis of course, couldn’t be more wrong about this. Cassel signed his tender on February 7th - three weeks before the start of free agency."

"Dennis and Callahan are a difficult combination of both agenda-driven and clueless. Bill Belichick is now on the same level as Manny Ramirez and Pedro Martinez in their eyes and they will take every opportunity to try and bash him, even if they"

Boston Sports Media Watch Bruins Top Senators, D&C Bash Belichick. Again

I know the link says bruins, but you will find the complete article here.
I agree. Every time i try to listen to them i have to turn the radio off. I cannot fathom their incesant hate for BB unless their just trying to be contrarian to raise their ratings. For some reason some people like hearing that slant on things. But me why would i want to listen to people that are obviously wrong, that trash one of the winningest coaches, that has brought three SB's to the area? Beats the he!! out of me. ... BTW i had both Serius and XM radio, i just dropped Serius because i had to go out every couple of hours to adjust the antenna. XM comes in great even with the antenna in the house never mind outside.... Have You had any problem like this with reception.

Last edited:
I can't stand those guys. It's like Mr. Potato Head meets Charlie Brown every freakin' morning.

BTW i had both Serius and XM radio, i just dropped Serius because i had to go out every couple of hours to adjust the antenna. XM comes in great even with the antenna in the house never mind outside.... Have You had any problem like this with reception.

I am in the car a lot, and only listen there...only issues are trees, in tunnels and going through underpasses.

I heard that if you are a subscriber, you can get both via online streaming though.

Not sure what difference it makes regarding whatever idiotic point those two were attempting to make, but BSMW is wrong on the tender - Cassel didn't actually sign it until the Sunday of the Combine, less than 5 days before the start of FA. BB has made a point of stating that he couldn't do anything with the player via trade until he signed the tender. He then called the teams who were thought to be interested, including Tampa and Detroit, and they all said they were not interested. By Thursday he had a deal in place with KC - how else does Vrabel get there bright and early Friday AM for a pre trade physical. That teams he called on Monday were looking into a 3 way on Friday afternoon was a case of too little too late. And there wasn't going to be that much more for us in the deal, it was Denver who was getting any 1st for Cutler...

I am in the car a lot, and only listen there...only issues are trees, in tunnels and going through underpasses.

I heard that if you are a subscriber, you can get both via online streaming though.
Yes..I know about XM....BUT...there are some stations that you can not get online...as well as some stations online you can not get on radio. I got that long before Siriius had the NFL games...if that had been the case would have gone with Sirius. I never have problems except in remote areas with serious rocks...and some tunnels...

Yeah i use to listen to Sirius her at work on the computer. I live out in the country so there shouldn't be much interference but for some reason like i said i'd be out on a ladder sometimes at 1-2 in the morning playing with the antenna. But in the car there wa no difference between XM and Seius as far as getting the signal. Anyways i just gave up, i can get the NFL network over XM for a few bucks more. All i have to do is get around to doing it. Anyways don't want to hijack the thread.

Last edited:
Even if Cassel and Cutler were considered equal QBs by GMs, the fact that Cassel's one year contract is nearly as much as Cutler's 3 year contract would be enough to have him worth much much more that Cassel - who of course most expect would be looking for guaranteed money of nearly $30 million to sign a long term contract.

Of course GM's don't consider Cassel, with one year starting under his belt, throwing to Moss and Welker, to be a proven commodity able to replicate that with far lesser WRs, compared to Cutler, a pro bowl QB.

But let's not let those facts get in the way of any suggestion that the Patriots got ripped off in getting a 2nd round pick for a guy who counts nearly $15 million on the cap with only a 1 year contract.

The level of actual football discussion on Sirius NFL is so much more knowledgeable and informative that it really shows just how amateurish these 2 clowns really are; that and their bizarre bias against BB make them truly painful to listen to. At one point Andy Gresh was on Sirius NFL but has since moved to one of their other sports channels. The afternoon drive guys; Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan do a great job and have a real respect for what BB has accomplished.

BTW....Sirius online is a great way to listen at home and for some, at work. I also have a boombox that I can plug the car receiver into and use anywhere outside. Rarely do I have any reception problems.

I agree with what everyone else has said about Sirius NFL Radio.

As for the morning crew on WEEI they have had a not-so-friendly on air (and off air) spat with the Big Show over ratings and content for quite sometime. BB is guilty by association. He goes on the Big Show regularly, ergo D&C take the other side.

BTW i had both Serius and XM radio, i just dropped Serius because i had to go out every couple of hours to adjust the antenna. XM comes in great even with the antenna in the house never mind outside.... Have You had any problem like this with reception.

I think your reception problem is that you're tuning your antenna to Serius which does not exist while everyone else is fine listening to Sirius. Just a thought.

I think your reception problem is that you're tuning your antenna to Serius which does not exist while everyone else is fine listening to Sirius. Just a thought.
I corrected that problem, thanks. ;)

No doubt, those two guys suck. D&C actually stands for Diarrhea & Constipation

Can we start a D&C boycott like we have a herald boycott? Pretty pretty please.

No doubt, those two guys suck. D&C actually stands for Diarrhea & Constipation

Wouldn't that... I dunno, even out? Damn, I'd actually rather not think about that anymore.

These guys make their living on the whole shock jock thing, they continue to beat dead horses.. and choose not to keep themselves informed, sound like they are trying to fill Borges shoes... I do not listen to them either..

Wouldn't that... I dunno, even out? Damn, I'd actually rather not think about that anymore.

It should, but the more I listen to those guys, one runs off at the mouth incessantly while the other seems like a grumpy, old fart that would refuse to be happy about anything, no matter what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes