PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BSM's analysis on Moss trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

This pick was the one that they acquired from the San Francisco 49ers yesterday in addition to the Niners 2008 first round pick in exchange for the Patriots first round pick at #28 yesterday.

So in effect, the Patriots traded the #28 pick for Randy Moss and the 49ers first round pick next season.

Taking it a step further, perhaps they would not have made the deal had they not had an additional pick from the Deion Branch to Seattle trade, so this could be viewed as Branch for Moss and a #1 pick.

ANyone doubting this trade should read this:

"Branch for Moss and a #1 pick."

That is all.

That is all.

Wow.

That is exactly true. And the 49ers first round pick at that!

Unbelievable !!

Welcome back to the bandwagon Scott99!!

You saw the light...now, you must drop down and give me 100 push ups and promise to never, ever doubt BB/SP again.

Good for Scott99! I, too, was a little impatient last night, but felt there had to be a valid reason for it all.

In the meantime, I'm sure you won't hear any similarly classy mea culpa's from McBee:

(last night)
_________
"Pats trade a pick #91and nfl.com says buffalo has it and then stops updating.

Then this message board goes down for about 45 minutes. Great board.

Anyway the pats are stupid for trading the pick. I said they'd trade it as a JOKE.

They think they need no help this year? Are you kidding? Well I guess that's what they believe, what do I know.

Could have had Bradley if they traded up just a tiny bit or Bush...would Bush have been an UDFA?"
________

Welcome back to the bandwagon Scott99!!

You saw the light...now, you must drop down and give me 100 push ups and promise to never, ever doubt BB/SP again.

I have seen the light !! And have done my 100 pushups. Odd thing was, I had a feeling we had traded our #3 last night for Moss, so I was disgusted that we hadn't, and went to sleep pissed off. Then I wake up this morning, and find out that we got Randy freakin Moss !!! Now I could care less who we pick.

1)Meriweather
2)Welker
3)traded for Oaklands 2008 #3
4)Moss

The rest, who cares......I would've liked some LB's and a backup RB, but I guess us NOT picking a RB means Maroney is ok. That's more good news. Moss and Stallworth mean no more 8 men in the box !!! wooohooo !!

I have seen the light !! And have done my 100 pushups. Odd thing was, I had a feeling we had traded our #3 last night for Moss, so I was disgusted that we hadn't, and went to sleep pissed off. Then I wake up this morning, and find out that we got Randy freakin Moss !!! Now I could care less who we pick.

1)Meriweather
2)Welker
3)traded for Oaklands 2008 #3
4)Moss

The rest, who cares......I would've liked some LB's and a backup RB, but I guess us NOT picking a RB means Maroney is ok. That's more good news. Moss and Stallworth mean no more 8 men in the box !!! wooohooo !!

I think that every New England Patriots fan is delighted by the Randy Moss news. The fans that were depressed yesterday are now coming off the ledge and drinking the Koolaid with everyone else. I'm also sure that all non-Patriot fans let out a huge collective groan. I'm loving it!

I think that every New England Patriots fan is delighted by the Randy Moss news. The fans that were depressed yesterday are now coming off the ledge and drinking the Koolaid with everyone else. I'm also sure that all non-Patriot fans let out a huge collective groan. I'm loving it!
"Delighted?" I was delighted with Adalius Thomas, I'm reserved with Moss who I've disliked as a player for some time. BB is rolling the dice, it's a low cost pick (even if I'm silly enough to want to have used it on a young LB), so it's not an unreasonable gamble. Hopefully he'll take advantage of his opportunity to be on the podium in Glendale cuddling a Vince and not live down to his recent past.

You know Felger and Borges are just itching to write articles about the moral decline of the Patriots after the Meriweather pick and Moss trade.

That is all.

And they only had rights to Branch for 1 year when they did it.

I think they save money too.

In a move that is sure to dominate the WEEI airwaves for much of the rest of the year

Unless Moss steals Schillings sock from the Hall of Fame, this won't be true.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes