PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BSM:And Peter King Wonders Why Bill Belichick Won’t Talk To Him…

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

The facts remain, while what the Pats did was against the rules and we were rightfully fined and penalized, the actual info that was gained was alternate angles of what you are still allowed to tape to this day, just not from the field. You have to record it from the endzones or coaches box. King knew this and never did squat to tell it like it is. It was Al Michaels of all people on the following MNF vs. the Chargers who pointed this out.

BB trying to pick up information from the visitor's locker room??? I'll buy that (to the extent of using electronic bugs? Don't know about that). Picking up information/trying to get an edge by many different means has probably been going on as far back as when the Titanic was believed unsinkable. One thing fair to say about BB is he will go to great extents to gain an edge. Bravo to that! Your DC flaps his arms 3 times means a corner blitz? I want to know that. The MLB has a knee that tightens up in 40 degrees or below? I want to know that. Your QB has a weakness for an Asian woman in a white ****tail dress and will stay out all night having drinks with her? I want to know that. As far as I am concerned everything is fair game short of paying off the refs or trying to intentionally hurt a player. For the opposing team, if you are not going to great lengths to guard your plans, weaknesses etc etc, you have no business being in charge of that team. If a coach utters the words, "they knew what we were going to do because they were watching our hand signals", you have really said "I'm incompetent and have no business being in charge of a team".

To the extent a team, like BB's Patriots, crosses the line on the rules and gets smacked down for it (as happened)? That's the price that is paid for trying to gain an edge. Much like circumventing the cap or using the stadium PA for noise....to tampering with FA's.....to teaching OL how to hold the pass rusher while obscuring it from the refs.....to players faking injuries to get a timeout....to having a front office informer on another team. Nothing but dancing in and around the lines of the rules to gain an edge. Or put another way 'Game on'.

This.

King did not do any investigating, he just regurgitated the PFT rumors. A total a** clown. And for him to 'wonder' why he and Belichick had a falling out is a total joke. Maybe if you actually looked at this with a clear head, he could have been the voice of reason in a public mob looking for blood.

The facts remain, while what the Pats did was against the rules and we were rightfully fined and penalized, the actual info that was gained was alternate angles of what you are still allowed to tape to this day, just not from the field. You have to record it from the endzones or coaches box. King knew this and never did squat to tell it like it is. It was Al Michaels of all people on the following MNF vs. the Chargers who pointed this out.

Nicely put. And I would go one step further and point out the ridiculously obvious: if the camera guy was in uniform, on the sideline, in full view of everyone ~ and he was ~ then there was clearly...plainly...obviously...NO intention to cheat, but only exactly what Coach Bill said it was: a misinterpretation of the rules.

A technical violation that produced absolutely no material effect to our advantage.

It is unfathomable that anyone would fail to see that.

Peter king strikes again

Peter King Hints That Patriots Monitor Visiting Team's Locker Room at Gillette Stadium - New England Patriots - NESN.com

"If you're outside the locker room Sunday, don't be surprised to see Manning and his first-year coordinator, Christensen, huddling for a few minutes," King wrote, listing the Manning-Christensen huddle as one of the top things he'll be watching for this weekend.

The hint that the Patriots may be monitoring the visitor's locker room has yet to spark any real controversy in the league, and will hopefully be written off as mere suspicion by the Colts

Re: Peter king strikes again

mods feel free to merge or delete

Wow, I'm surprised this guy could keep his hands off of Brett Favre's **** long enough to write this crap.

Last edited:

Wow, I'm surprised this guy could keep his hands off of Brett Favre's **** long enough to write this crap.

Must . . . resist . . . sexting joke :p

Did he hear about it "reliably" on his usual Acela trip while writing about his daughter's field hockey game?

How long until Belichick just plain calls him a douchebag?

Why won't Bill Belichick talk to Peter King? I'll tell you why, because King has been a Douche Bag since the fall of '07. And he keeps working at being a DB, the Fat Clown.

Last edited:
The King item in question:

I’ve always heard, reliably, that the Colts never trusted that they were totally alone in the Colts’ locker room in Foxboro, and that when Manning had something of strategic significance to say to offensive coordinator Tom Moore, they both stepped outside into the concourse outside the locker room. So if you’re outside the locker room Sunday, don’t be surprised to see Manning and his first-year coordinator, Christensen, huddling for a few minutes.

What bugs me about this is how poorly he wrote it. That "reliably" doesn't really clearly point to anything....was his hearing reliable? Was it reliable that the Colts thought that? That it happened? Yeesh.

Agreed, its a mess of a sentence. The "reliably" clarifies nothing and the "always" is pretty silly too. What does he mean "always?" From birth? From last year? And don't get me going on that "totally."

Is King trying to stir up another Patriots cheat sh!tstorm? Sure looks like it.

So,if Patriots are LISTENING but NOT RECORDING ,they should be fine .
On a serious note I think post 9/11 paranoia has been ruling in this country.

I wouldn't talk to Peter King either.

His soapbox grandstanding was beyond pathetic, and worse, completely unprofessional.

Understood that his job is to give an opinion, but he used allot of hear say, and complete speculation to slam Belichick and the whole organization. If I remember correctly, he would go on rants about morals, and helped perpetuate the myth that the recordings where used for cheating.

The only problem with that, is that, there is NO EVIDENCE that is the truth. Still isn't. He called Belichick a liar, about his interpitation of the memo. While ignoring the fact that the interpitation was correct. It said something about not videotaping from the sideline to be used in the same game. Which from everyone from The commish, to that snake Matt Walsh admitted the video was not. (Another under reported side of the story, btw). If anything I would say Belichick's assesment of the memo WAS in fact correct. (Though I'm sure he knew it was still wrong.)

Peter King is a mouthpiece for players, coaches, GM's, and executives that "play ball".

I haven't read any speeches of morality from him about Brett Favre's antics. Wonder why?

He's a freaking hypocrite. I'm not sure he's even capable of thinking on his own.

I wouldn't talk to Peter King either.

His soapbox grandstanding was beyond pathetic, and worse, completely unprofessional.

Understood that his job is to give an opinion, but he used allot of hear say, and complete speculation to slam Belichick and the whole organization. If I remember correctly, he would go on rants about morals, and helped perpetuate the myth that the recordings where used for cheating.

The only problem with that, is that, there is NO EVIDENCE that is the truth. Still isn't. He called Belichick a liar, about his interpitation of the memo. While ignoring the fact that the interpitation was correct. It said something about not videotaping from the sideline to be used in the same game. Which from everyone from The commish, to that snake Matt Walsh admitted the video was not. (Another under reported side of the story, btw). If anything I would say Belichick's assesment of the memo WAS in fact correct. (Though I'm sure he knew it was still wrong.)

Peter King is a mouthpiece for players, coaches, GM's, and executives that "play ball".

I haven't read any speeches of morality from him about Brett Favre's antics. Wonder why?

He's a freaking hypocrite. I'm not sure he's even capable of thinking on his own.

Wouldn't it be nice if Dale and Holley interrupted their weekly french kissing session with Pepe to challenge him on some of his hypocrisy. I know Holley went after him a bit over his spygate takes but they don't do it enough.

Anybody catch Peter King's name dropping last week?

Patriots? Jets? Giants? There are no super NFL teams this season - Peter King - SI.com

Wow, five paragraphs devoted to letting your readers know that a former player called you and talked to you. I'm sure your faithful followers were very impressed. Hope you didn't hurt your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

To me I assume columnists like King have access to these people and over time develop a relationship with them. If I was impressed by that sort of thing I'd be watching E! and Hollywood Insider rather than the NFL. Personally I would prefer columnists write about football and football players rather than about themselves.

Yeah, that's disgusting. Taking what should be personal dialogue between him and Sanders and making it public, boasting "See what happened? I tossed him under the bus and yet HE apologized to ME later on! I'm so awesome."

**** that guy. (King, not Sanders)

Wow. Sorry to bump this lousy thread but I need to vent. I'm seeing red now and hope king never gets any access again.

This story should only be mentioned along with a heavy dose of Colts organization, delusions of paranoia.

King is a hack. I despise him.

Peter King is now backtracking from his previous comments. In today's Monday Morning Quarterback he says:

I think, just to make it clear from my Friday item on Peyton Manning and Tom Moore holding substantive conversations outside the locker room the last time they played in Foxboro, I don't believe there's any way the Gillette Stadium locker room was bugged. I just think in this hugely intense rivalry, the paranoia antennae are raised pretty high whenever they play.

I'll wait on the edge of my seat for King to include in an article about the Colts actually attempting to cheat at the end of this game by simulating the snap count.

I'm waiting for King to investigate the Peyton Manning final year of his contract controversy.

I think Peyton is the next QB down in Dallas.

Right Peter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing