PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BSM:And Peter King Wonders Why Bill Belichick Won’t Talk To Him…

Status
Not open for further replies.
The King item in question:

I’ve always heard, reliably, that the Colts never trusted that they were totally alone in the Colts’ locker room in Foxboro, and that when Manning had something of strategic significance to say to offensive coordinator Tom Moore, they both stepped outside into the concourse outside the locker room. So if you’re outside the locker room Sunday, don’t be surprised to see Manning and his first-year coordinator, Christensen, huddling for a few minutes.

What bugs me about this is how poorly he wrote it. That "reliably" doesn't really clearly point to anything....was his hearing reliable? Was it reliable that the Colts thought that? That it happened? Yeesh.

Hell, this is King passing on a story about Manning and the Colts, and Bruce is using it to bang on King.

It's as if BSMW has been striving for a 100% error rate on the site this year.

Last edited:
Who on the Patriots football ops side does talk to King?? Kraft will schmooze him but who else really gives this guy the time of day?
I think it's so cool how King lives in Boston but can't get any access at Gillette. :rocker:

Pepe is a pompous blowhard whose columns are nothing more than an exercise in namedropping. Just knowing the best coach in the NFL right now and one of the all-time greats has no time and no tolerance that mediot is so so sweet.

Btw how funny is Paaaaayton's paranoia?? That is hilarious!

maybe manning doesn't like talking in the lockerroom at foxboro because he knows about the visitor's lockerroom in indy.

Who on the Patriots football ops side does talk to King?? Kraft will schmooze him but who else really gives this guy the time of day?
I think it's so cool how King lives in Boston but can't get any access at Gillette. :rocker:

Pepe is a pompous blowhard whose columns are nothing more than an exercise in namedropping. Just knowing the best coach in the NFL right now and one of the all-time greats has no time and no tolerance that mediot is so so sweet.

Btw how funny is Paaaaayton's paranoia?? That is hilarious!

brady is actually pretty close with king.

Maybe BB has the concourse bugged and not the locker room :rocker:

maybe manning doesn't like talking in the lockerroom at foxboro because he knows about the visitor's lockerroom in indy.

I once worked for an attorney who represented (allegedly) persons involved in the mob. He had a great quote that applies in this situation, and that is, "Only a criminal thinks like a criminal."

;)

King is a punk, tweeting he "guesses" it was about his Spygate 'reporting'. King didn't report Spygate, he made it a weekly part of his column pretty much the entire season in between his Starbucks love and his daughter's field hockey results.

King is a punk, tweeting he "guesses" it was about his Spygate 'reporting'. King didn't report Spygate, he made it a weekly part of his column pretty much the entire season in between his Starbucks love and his daughter's field hockey results.

This.

King did not do any investigating, he just regurgitated the PFT rumors. A total a** clown. And for him to 'wonder' why he and Belichick had a falling out is a total joke. Maybe if you actually looked at this with a clear head, he could have been the voice of reason in a public mob looking for blood.

The facts remain, while what the Pats did was against the rules and we were rightfully fined and penalized, the actual info that was gained was alternate angles of what you are still allowed to tape to this day, just not from the field. You have to record it from the endzones or coaches box. King knew this and never did squat to tell it like it is. It was Al Michaels of all people on the following MNF vs. the Chargers who pointed this out.

Last edited:
If Manning's paranoia is valid, then I hope Belichick has random people on cell phones and with ear buds all over the concourse and anywhere else that Manning could want to talk with his OC. I'm not saying that the communication devices even be active, just have them there to feed the paranoia.

Peter King is the worst football writer out there. He knows practically nothing about football, he's just a gossip columnist. As others have pointed out he endlessly drops names of who he "just got off the phone with."

He is useless gossip and BB treats him as such.

I have reliable sources that tell me that Manning and Tom Moore never step into the conconcourse to discuss strategy while at Lucas Oil Stadium. They are too worried that the microphones that pick up and magnify the crowd noise that Polian has pumped into the stadium might pick up their conversation and broadcast it for everyone to hear.

Last edited:
I have reliable sources that tell me that Manning and Tom Moore never step into the conconcourse to discuss strategy while at Lucas Oil Stadium. They are too worried that the microphones that pick up and magnify the crowd noise that Polian has pumped into the stadium might pick up their conversation and broadcast it for everyone to hear.

Wouldn't that only be an issue if they actually turn off the crowd noise? Or crap, I think Polian is on to me...:bricks: :D

Peter King is a dog-faker.

Anybody catch Peter King's name dropping last week?

Patriots? Jets? Giants? There are no super NFL teams this season - Peter King - SI.com

I think I have to hand it to Deion Sanders for his magnanimous gesture Wednesday on our Sirius NFL Radio show. Sanders and I hadn't spoken in 10 years. We used to be tight; he gave me the pseudonym he used for all hotel stays, so when I'd need to talk to him on the road, I always had the password to get to him.

But he was broken player when he signed a $56-million contract with the Redskins in 2000. The Cowboys, his employers in 1999, wouldn't have passed him on their physical in 2000, and thus cut him. The Redskins surely didn't do all their due diligence in investigating Sanders' health (he had major turf toe problems that inhibited his great cover ability), and from the start of the season, he was a shell of himself.

The Detroit Lions, in the second game of the season, went after Sanders early and often, which would have been unheard of when Prime was in his Prime. And so early in that season I wrote the Redskins had been robbed by Sanders, and Dan Snyder had made a dumb signing. The dumb signing was right; the fact that Sanders had pilfered the money was a stretch, because clearly it takes two to tango, and the blame should have been on Washington for a dumb signing.

Anyway, Sanders held a grudge over what I said; when I tried to interview him that season, team PR man Doug Green asked him to talk to me, and Deion, according to Green, said, "Tell Peter, God bless him, but I'm never going to speak to him again.'' And that was that until he was a guest on the Sirius show the other morning. At the end of the conversation, Sanders said to me: "Peter, I miss you. We had a great relationship early on, you did something I thought was offensive, but it wasn't bad, because you just gave your honest opinion when you thought I was slipping, and I took it personal. I apologize. You're a good man, Peter. You're a good man. You really are.''

Why, thank you, Deion. No apology necessary. The thing that's hard about this job sometimes is that when you call out people you've had good relationships with, you know it's going to either ruin those relationships or change them forever. It's happened with Sanders, Bruce Smith, Bill Belichick, and, to some degree, with Brett Favre over the years. Reporters have to call 'em as we see em, and sometimes the truth as we see it hurts. That's the business we're in.

Wow, five paragraphs devoted to letting your readers know that a former player called you and talked to you. I'm sure your faithful followers were very impressed. Hope you didn't hurt your shoulder patting yourself on the back.

To me I assume columnists like King have access to these people and over time develop a relationship with them. If I was impressed by that sort of thing I'd be watching E! and Hollywood Insider rather than the NFL. Personally I would prefer columnists write about football and football players rather than about themselves.

Peter King is the worst football writer out there. He knows practically nothing about football, he's just a gossip columnist. As others have pointed out he endlessly drops names of who he "just got off the phone with."

He is useless gossip and BB treats him as such.

I'm fairly neutral on King, but I agree it is staggering that someone could be reporting on the NFL for a living and know less about it than a typical die hard fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down