PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryant Gumbell Will Ruin My 16-0 Experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing t hat could "ruin my 16-0 experience"... is a LOSS.

1. Most importantly is the W no questions asked.
2. Brady's record, Moss's record.
3. One or all of the 3 of Washington, Brown, Jackson score a receiving touchdown for that record.
4. If we should, SHOULD be leading considerably and Brady is getting excellent protection put some distance with him and the record.
Wouldn't want Manning to come back and tie or beat him again anytime soon if we can add to it safely I would.
5. I totally agree when he mis spoke Tom Brady's name I completely lost it.
It's also pretty sad when I know the players from the opposing teams by their jersey numbers and this guy doesn't.

Turn off the sound and listen to Gino and Gil on the radio. Bryant Gumbel is such a bland announcer I'd rather his brother did the game.

If the NFL Network really cared about the fans they'd let the NBC or CBS announcers work the game. I think the game itself will be rather ugly. It will be incumbent for the announcers to add historical perspective to the events of the game as they unfold. This is a job for Michaels/Madden or Simms/Nance. Even the ESPN crew with Kornheiser would be a huge upgrade.

I honestly think that more people who watch the NFLN for the first time on CBS or NBC will be turned off by NFLN than turned on when they hear Bryant Gumbell call the game.

Simple...turn the volume off.......

Turn off the sound and listen to Gino and Gil on the radio. Bryant Gumbel is such a bland announcer I'd rather his brother did the game.
The odds may be in our favor for this, I'm betting that between one of the 3 stations we should be able to sync up the radio and tv broadcast. If the TV feed is earlier I just pause for about 3 seconds to sync it. But for a few games the radio has been ahead of the TV, my guess is the this may happen tonight on NBC and CBS just because of the time to get the feed through their networks but NFL Network may be ahead.

Always glad to help out fellow Patriots fans who are about to have their 16- 0 season ruined by a TV announcer.

control_mute.jpg

It was only a few days ago that many of us were concerned about not getting the game at all.

Always glad to help out fellow Patriots fans who are about to have their 16- 0 season ruined by a TV announcer.

control_mute.jpg

It was only a few days ago that many of us were concerned about not getting the game at all.

That's one big-ass Mute button.

Is that the remote control to the "Wrap It Up" Box?

For those of us who are lucky enough to get a reprive and actually have the opportunity, here at the last second, to witness history; and for those of us lucky enough to actually appreciate what this season has been...

I think I can say with great confidence that NOTHING will "ruin my 16-0 experience," and that it's pretty much tempting Fate to say so. Appreciate every aspect of that, even if some facets aren't quite what we'd hope for.

Ya Ya what he said......:rocker:

It's pretty sad when a guy actually buys NFL Field Pass and takes the time to get his DVR synched up with the radio sound coming from his computer because the announcing crew is so completely horrible.

But that's what I'm doing.
If any of you have a DVR you should do it too, field pass has a free week trial, so all you'd need to do is have a credit card to verify then cancel it right after the game.

I know bashing announcers has become a national past-time, in some cases taking shots at the announcers is far more important than actaully watching the game.

I admit I fully expect 'low talker' Gumbel to f--- things up, but I was wrong. I like almost everything about the broadcast, Gumbel was ok and Collingsworth called them as he saw them, sometimes he was wrong but better than some ball licker telling us how great every player is.

I really liked the post-game video of players going into the locker room, way more access than the regular networks.

Again I am in the minority and have had too much to drink but I liked the broadcast and what a game!

Couldn't agree MORE. The entitled whiners need to stuff a freakin' sock in it. Nothing could be worse than Pat Summerall's call of XXXVI, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. If they paired Randy Cross and Don Criqui with Kornhole for this game I'd just put in ear plugs and watch.

Entitled Whiners = Those who want to talk about where we need to improve minutes after completing a 16-0 season.:rolleyes:

i dont care if they wouldve had roseanne bahr do the national anthem NOTHING can ruin this.

I know bashing announcers has become a national past-time, in some cases taking shots at the announcers is far more important than actaully watching the game.

I admit I fully expect 'low talker' Gumbel to f--- things up, but I was wrong. I like almost everything about the broadcast, Gumbel was ok and Collingsworth called them as he saw them, sometimes he was wrong but better than some ball licker telling us how great every player is.

I really liked the post-game video of players going into the locker room, way more access than the regular networks.

Again I am in the minority and have had too much to drink but I liked the broadcast and what a game!
I also liked the broadcast. Some things are obviously still amateur hour (the shoddy direction and busy-bee camerawork during the pregame and national anthem) but Gumbel was tolerable and Collingsworth was fantastic. He pays attention to the trenches and supporting cast, calls them like he sees them and he's usually right on the first go.

Like that Steve Smith drop early in the game. Called it definatively a drop and then clarified the rule. A lesser color commentator would have gone "Well, lets see it again, it looks like the knee MAY have been down before the ball came out... at least that's what the ref will have to have a look at... Well, from that angle, it looks like it could be a catch..."

His program director will probably get on his ass for that, on the grounds that uncertainty and suspense get higher ratings.

Grumbel wasn't that bad.. until he snorted while laughing then it was over for me.

I'm with you CST and thought they both did a good job.

This was my first NFL Network game and I have to say, I don't know why everyone says Gumbel sucks. Yes he has a quiet voice which is hard to hear sometimes but I thought he did a fine job. Collinsworth was a little annoying at times but overall I liked the presentation.

Was it just me or was the HD visual quality pretty damn good? Looked better than most other broadcasts that I've seen. There were times when the camera was focusing presnap that looked crappy but overall it looked great.

Actually compaired to the crap that we're used to seeing put out there these days (like MNF, ect...), I though these guys did a pretty good job. A few more goofs, then is typical, but all in all. Not bad.

I'd say if something here's "a little harsh" it's likely the word "ruin."

Ruin was too strong a word. I should have said "dampen".

That being said this thread is way off base to begin with because I thought Gumbell and Collinsworth were fine. Collinsworth did a good job with the records and the whole 16 and 0 thing.

I also thought that Gumble and Collinsworth did a good job. The picture was definitely better on the NFL channel than the regular stations. We'd just gotten a new plasma about a month ago, and were stunned by how bad the first game we watched(feed from Kraft productions) was. It looked like a 70's show. The NFL broadcast was hands down the nicest picture last night. I really enjoyed watching some of the warm-up and pregame that you never get to see normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes