PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryant Gumbell Will Ruin My 16-0 Experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If the NFL Network really cared about the fans they'd let the NBC or CBS announcers work the game. I think the game itself will be rather ugly. It will be incumbent for the announcers to add historical perspective to the events of the game as they unfold. This is a job for Michaels/Madden or Simms/Nance. Even the ESPN crew with Kornheiser would be a huge upgrade.

I honestly think that more people who watch the NFLN for the first time on CBS or NBC will be turned off by NFLN than turned on when they hear Bryant Gumbell call the game.

this is exactly what we need here. a nationally telivised game that will have millions and millions watching, and hundreds will complain about the giant idiot. he will def lose his job. we just have to deal with him one more time

who will announce it since the top guys have games to do tomorrow??? and it's not exactly something you can just show up for. they need time to prepare and research

For those of us who are lucky enough to get a reprive and actually have the opportunity, here at the last second, to witness history; and for those of us lucky enough to actually appreciate what this season has been...

I think I can say with great confidence that NOTHING will "ruin my 16-0 experience," and that it's pretty much tempting Fate to say so. Appreciate every aspect of that, even if some facets aren't quite what we'd hope for.

Last edited:
It's actually possible to watch a game with the sound off. Really.

For those of us who are lucky enough to get a reprive and actually have the opportunity, here at the last second, to witness history; and for those of us lucky enough to actually appreciate what this season has been...

I think I can say with great confidence that NOTHING will "ruin my 16-0 experience," and that it's pretty much tempting Fate to say so. Appreciate every aspect of that, even if some facets aren't quite what we'd hope for.

Couldn't agree MORE. The entitled whiners need to stuff a freakin' sock in it. Nothing could be worse than Pat Summerall's call of XXXVI, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. If they paired Randy Cross and Don Criqui with Kornhole for this game I'd just put in ear plugs and watch.

if we could all just get gil and geno in sync with the telecast.

any websites that delay the telecast?

"Gift horse in the mouth," table for one, "gift horse in the mouth?"

if we could all just get gil and geno in sync with the telecast.

any websites that delay the telecast?

Sirius I believe does, only by a few seconds though. I did it successfully earlier this year. It was awesome.

Dumbell is the worst. I wonder how many times we're gonna hear "...and Greg Brady drops back to pass" :rolleyes:

Well said, that's the bottom line.

I don't care who announces the game if we win it.

Do you understand the significance of an undefeated regular season?

It has never been done in a 16 game season.

Turn the volume off.

At the end of the day, all I ask for tonight is a win, with no significant injuries. I have no other requirements or pet peeves or anything.

P.S. Two passing TDs would be nice, in the first half...

That's a little harsh. Entitled whiner?

It is not harsh enough for the chicken littles. Nothing is these days.

Well, in twenty years you won't be able to find any joy in this game if we are fortunate enough to win, because of that guy who happened to announce the game.

I wish BCN could find a way to sync the telecasts. Obviously with all the providers it would be a tall task to say the least but I've tried and it's several second off.

I've resigned myself to just dealing with Gumbell, whose biggest faults, IMO, are pomposity and thinking he knows what he doesn't know (in direct contrast to his brother who knows what he's talking about and who is a self-contained, likeable and mature person).

both aspects of B. Gumbell will be on display tonight, never more obviously than when/if he conducts a fawning interview of Don Shula. Gag thou me with a spoon!

That's a little harsh. Entitled whiner?

I don't think so. I remember the last home game of the 2001 season when they showed a fan in the stands with a sign that said all I want for christmas is a home playoff game...how quickly we forget what life as a Pat's fan used to be like.

Ruin your experience? Seriously? Eric Mangini and Bill Polian could do the commentary for this game, and I wouldn't care. The only thing I care about is the final score.

Why?? Turn the sound down and turn up Gil Santos!

....you are right Gumble and don't forget that knucklehead Collingsworth are horrible!

Christ no, not Kornheiser again

that last Monday night game with him and his cronies absolutely destroyed my week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back