PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryant Gumbel will no longer do play-by-play for NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it appears that he has enough for a ...

THANK GOD! Great move. I hate Gumble. Bad announcer, terrible human being.

I like his brother, though.

As bad as he was, it must have been kind of tedious getting rid of a high profile guy like that. "But we've agreed that we'd all be better served going in different directions."
Yes, all of us.

I imagine NFL Network must have initiated it. Good for them; they could have let it ride another season.

Ouch! They both have very annoying voices, to me. I don't know whether to call it nasal, or what. Each to his own, of course.

Ouch! They both have very annoying voices, to me. I don't know whether to call it nasal, or what. Each to his own, of course.

I'm not crazy about Gregg's voice either, but at least he is insightful and not nearly so smarmy.

I'm not crazy about Gregg's voice either, but at least he is insightful and not nearly so smarmy.

My favorite Gumbel call last year....

"The kick is up and it's good....NO he missed it....my bad."

My personal top 3 of likely available announcers: #1-Kevin Harlan; #2 Tom Harmon (possible ND conflict); #3-Mike Patrick.

Let Shannon Sharpe give it a shot!

i'm very interested in hearing why he's a terrible human being.

Seriously.

Please fill me in on why he stinks. I already don't like him, so this would be enjoyable.

thanks buddy.

Gumble did sucked so bad for commentating. They should put greeny and golic to do it. just IMO

We can do better than them......if they did it we would get a Jets update inbetween every play. Maybe they can bring Salisbury in, he's out of work!

I couldn't be more pleased, it was just painful watching a game on NFLN....good news!

Gumble did sucked so bad for commentating. They should put greeny and golic to do it. just IMO

We can do better than them......if they did it we would get a Jets update inbetween every play. Maybe they can bring Salisbury in, he's out of work!

i'm very interested in hearing why he's a terrible human being.

Seriously.

Please fill me in on why he stinks. I already don't like him, so this would be enjoyable.

thanks buddy.

He's just infamously demeaning, insulting, and condescending bordering on cruel. He also has a wacky "dad complex". Google "Bryant Gumbel And His Mother" and you'll find some interesting things about he kicked her to the curb after his father died. I'm basing my statements on what I've read. Maybe in real life he's a sweetheart.

Though he's not.

Anyway, he's an especially crappy commentator.

it's good to see that, occasionally, rationality prevails and truly bad commentators get the boot. By way of contrast, how many years did it take to end the Dennis Miller error on Monday Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes