PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bryant: Belichick should be suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
This guy sounds like he has the bare facts on what happened. I think someone told him the Patriots used a camera and called every offensive play against the Jets and gained 20 yards on each play. Kind of like you would in the old Tecmo Bowl games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=3016267

This guy sounds like he has the bare facts on what happened. I think someone told him the Patriots used a camera and called every offensive play against the Jets and gained 20 yards on each play. Kind of like you would in the old Tecmo Bowl games.

Hmm, it seems most of the reporters jumping on the hate train are among those I've already come to dislike for various reasons. I've disliked this guy for awhile now, and I don't even think it was because of something Patriots related :)

Howard Bryant is a ex-Boston Herald writer who is a slight tier above hack-status. He's about as connected to the NFL office as my 5 year old.

I buy maybe 10% of this story.

In tecmo bowl, dude, on every play the computer ran, I'd hit the rewind key until I had the right defense. I'd always sack the stupid cpu every down.:D

1995 New England Patriots, 1st rank offense in history, 12,000 yards gained. And 1st ranked defensive in history, 400 yards against.:D

Oh, now I remember why I don't like this guy, he's a hack!

"But the practice of stealing signals in football does not fall under the rubric of gamesmanship, as it does in baseball."

Hello Moron, stealing signals is NOT ILLEGAL in the NFL, the only thing against the rules was the use of the f*ckin' camera! It's pretty sad when reporters talk on a subject without even having their facts straight, and it seems reporters are doing it more and more frequently these days.

If anyone plays super tecmo bowl, on their computer with a nes emulator, I have created an updated 2007 season for all teams, and I may have made the pats a liitle too good, anyways, I could email you the rom, if you want.
just give me your email.

How about we talk about the substance of the article, though?

First, Bryant spends the first half dozen paragaphs convicting Belichick and comparing him to Kobe Bryant, he of rape fame. Then he slips in this beauty:

It is currently unclear what is on the confiscated tape.

Oh, nice of you to toss that in there. Now, about the coach being a rapist....

The real point of the article, though, is that unless Goodell comes down hard on the Patriots, then Goodell is in the bag for Bob Kraft. He uses a lot more words to get there, but that's where he's going. I guess he just didn't want to come out and say it. Its all about the integrity of the game for Howard.

How about we talk about the substance of the article, though?

First, Bryant spends the first half dozen paragaphs convicting Belichick and comparing him to Kobe Bryant, he of rape fame. Then he slips in this beauty:

Oh, nice of you to toss that in there. Now, about the coach being a rapist....

This is out of control. People are comparing this to rape, murder and dog killing. WTF are these people thinking. People are stupid, period.

The wilfull ignorance of these clowns borders on the criminal. It qualifies as journalistic "cheating".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back