PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

brutal article on Goodell/NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is your answer. Fat chance of it happening.

I don't know what the governance model is that defines how this motion to oust Goody is nominated, voted on, seconded and passed. I assume its a majority vote but could possibly require a 4 out of 5.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/careers/pdf/co_.pdf

I'm pretty sure the general ownership can also fire him with the votes of at least 24 of the owners even if the Executive Committee doesn't act against him.

BTW, some googling turns up that back in 2012 the owners gave Goodell a contract extension running through 2018.

So in 2019 if they get fed up with him they could just simply not renew his contract.

Of course, that'll be within a year of the expiration of the CBA. I doubt they'll want to go through the whole find-a-new-commish process that close to the expiration, so I suspect they'll re-extend him. :(

Goodell is a giant ****ing piece of ****. He does need to go.

As a woman, those comments from the owners DISGUST me. "Oh yeah, we knew he beat her but not to what extent." I'm sorry, WHAT?!?!?! It should not matter. And then the Ratbirds saying "Ohhh we thought he just smacked her around a little and didn't use a closed fist." Are you kidding me?!?!? Abuse is abuse. and should all be punished in the same manner. I personally think it should be a zero tolerance policy in the NFL but that will never happen.

Thank God I root for a team whose leadership would dump any piece of **** like Brown, Rice or Hardy and never look back.

You must have missed the part where Bendover Bob said publicly that Roger Goodell was doing a good job after the Ray Rice thing blew up. He's just as immoral and culpable as Goodell and the other 31 owners. They're immoral. Bob doesn't care about abuse. He cares about how much money he can make. As far as I'm concerned,

All 32 owners hit Ray Rice's GF and dragged her unconcious.
All 32 owners threw Greg Hardy's GF on a bunch of guns and abused her
All 32 owners abused Josh Brown's wife.

I don't understand how people keep giving Bendover Bob a pass on all of this. I don't understand how the whipping boy Goodell is getting the most grief. It's the 32, It's always been them! ALWAYS They're all immoral and abusers. That can not be denied.

No.

They need to get the hell out of the off-the-field-discipline business.

I would agree if they would face the justice system for their crimes, but because they are athletes, law says they can beat their spouses and get away with it.

One of either the NFL or the Club needs to do something. I don't care which, when it comes to DV.

I would agree if they would face the justice system for their crimes, but because they are athletes, law says they can beat their spouses and get away with it.

That's simply not true.

I only watch games on NFL Game Pass so I never see commercials. Does anyone have a link to who the most influential sponsors/advertisers are during NFL games? I would like to send emails to all of them expressing my displeasure that they support a league that doesn't care about domestic violence.
I sure see the Microsoft Windows logo an awful lot from the start of the pregame show to the end of the final game....

BTW, some googling turns up that back in 2012 the owners gave Goodell a contract extension running through 2018.

So in 2019 if they get fed up with him they could just simply not renew his contract.

Of course, that'll be within a year of the expiration of the CBA. I doubt they'll want to go through the whole find-a-new-commish process that close to the expiration, so I suspect they'll re-extend him. :(
If his contract runs out in 2018, in theory they would need to decide in 2017 if the want to keep this bag-o-**** before they renew his deal.

I don't know what to tell anyone who doesn't see that Goodell was the worst possible pick for successor to Tagliabue at this point. There is more than enough evidence to support this conclusion at this point. I don't care what Jonathan Kraft has to say about that.

It's stupid. NFL players get a slap on the wrist for beating women. But get cash taken away for celebrating a good play. This comes from the top.

Goodell deserves to be fired. The trash needs to be taken out. He mouths about protecting the shield but he could care less about morals as long as his agenda gets served. Goodell's "disciplinary record" is a joke.

We all know NFL reacts overreacting-ly to public opinion, the best way to take Goodell down is to make him the focal point of every NFL issue and how said issue is driving down ratings. True or not.... well it might be true, so lets all just say its true, ok? Use the NFL's media weapon against them (owners) and the Omissioner. Don't let the NFL* skate with public team apologies, saving face player cuts, etc. Make some noise. Keep the social media pressure up on Goodell and his lack of control on every hot point issue and -most importantly- how it's costing the NFL viewers. That is our new narrative. Go forth and conquer.

Last edited:
Gee... I hope the internet doesn't catch onto the Giants teeny tiny indiscretion!

nygiantwifebeaters-jpg.14635

Attachments

• NYGiantWifeBeaters.jpg
    NYGiantWifeBeaters.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Gee... I hope the internet doesn't catch onto the Giants teeny tiny indiscretion!

nygiantwifebeaters-jpg.14635

but they beat those dirty cheating Patriots twice and stopped them from going the perfect 19-0

All is good then.....

/s

yeah...heh...Roger Goodell, huh?

Look, argue it's the owners or the press or just about anybody/anything you care to dream up...just make sure to keep up all the negative butterfly wings beating...as anyone can see, there is a rising superstorm of hatred and despisal for anything Roger Goodell. I fervently hope this damnable cretin lives out his pathetic existence in fear of that eventual baseball bat to the face. You can SEE how truly fearful he is of being seen in public. Ironic isn't it? The bigmouth bully cowering out of sight of the public...like the lying POS he is and has always been.

Goodell (and 31 owners) thought that the frame job/witch hunt known as deflategate would divert attention away from the NFL league office's botching of the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy domestic violence situations.

It worked for a little while.

Now the fact that (most) people (with a brain) realize 345 Park Avenue screwed that up too, the public sentiment against Goodell is rightfully gaining so much momentum that it will be very difficult, if not impossible to stop.

At this point the only way to avoid that is to shift blame on the owners. Should that happen Goodell will immediately be shown the door. He is there to deflect criticism away from them.

Serious question: what exactly would it take for Goodell to get fired?.
If the owners were to "collectively" get squeezed financially, (such as by record-low TV ratings) they would need a fall-guy to fire and run out of town. That would be great!

Last edited:
Relax people, Goodell will he gone the minute he's offered more money for his services.........

You got some big name owners there in Rooney, Mara, and Jones.. For them to openly show that they don't care about abuse of women is pretty bad.. Especially when they've been trying to draw more women into watching games..

I don't want this to get political - it's not why I'm bringing this up, but I seem to recall a few years ago there was interest from Condaleeza Rice in getting into some sports related role. That would be a interesting discussion given her credentials as well as the fact she is indeed a woman who would be coming into a league that has, through inaction, shown nothing but disdain and contempt for them. Supposedly she's a no nonsense leader that challenges peers - whether that's true or not with her specifically if the trait exists in the next commissioner, it is IMHO exactly what the position needs.

The corollary is the team that had the "players' coach" (even if it was only for certain players in the NFL commissioner's case) that had gotten lazy and satisfied taking advantage of the relaxed climate then (hopefully) getting a "disciplinarian".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back