PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi's Observations from miami game

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVN, you are on fire lately with the cutting edge news.

From Tedy's interview:

1. Leadership and responding to adversity. The Patriots have had a lot of success for so long, you ask yourself the question "What type of experiences can the young players go back to that brings them back to a time they dug out of a streak like this?" Right now, a lot of the young players on the team don't know what it's like to deal with a losing streak or losing three out of four. How do you get yourself out of that? What attitude do you have to have? In the Patriots' case, some of the young players might shake off a loss, thinking it's going to turn around because that's what has happened in the past. That's where the leaders on this team have to find ways to get their message across to players who might be from a different generation. If an older player sees a younger player who needs guidance, sometimes you can go up to that player and talk to him as a professional and say "This is a problem. This is what we need to work on. This is why we're not succeeding." But sometimes that can go in one ear and out another. So as a leader, you look for different ways to get the message across and one of those is going through the media. I think that's what Tom Brady was attempting to do after the game when he essentially said 'Sometimes we fight back, sometimes we don't.' He was trying to send a message to his team. Tom does talk to the team in the locker room and says what needs to be said. But he might have been thinking that some of the words aren't getting through to the team and that's why he said something publicly. That's a strong message to send from a strong leader.

Once again Tedy proves why he's so missed.

From Tedy's interview:

Once again Tedy proves why he's so missed.

I was critical of TB and Welker for using the media to make a point and embarassing teammates. I'm still not a fan of it, but if Bru thinks it make help, I'm all for it!

God, I miss the guy. Personalities like his, Harrison, McGuinest, Vrabel...That leadership is what this team is missing so badly.

Wasn't this why Seau was brought in? Leadership ... especially sideline leadership?

Last edited:
Why is the read level on Bruschi's breakdowns always low? I'd think a lot of posters here would be reading it and commenting on it since he's a favorite ex-player.

Not to mention pretty accurate on his assessment.

Last edited:
Why is the read level on Bruschi's breakdowns always low? I'd think a lot of posters here would be reading it and commenting on it since he's a favorite ex-player.

Not to mention pretty accurate on his assessment.

Truth. He not only knows football but he knows the Pats, it doesn't get much better than that. Bru's on a must-read list for me :)

This was one of Bru's best columns so far. He sees winning as an Attitude thing, rather than just X's and O's, and that really leaps off the page in his writing.

But he does have some specific things to say about strategy and execution, also. He was obviously not crazy about the decision to go for it on 4th and 1 this past week, and though I'm a solid supporter of BB's controversial call at Indy, I agree that this was the place to take the 3.

Still, if the coach makes that call, the offense -must- convert it. From X's and O's back to Attitude again.

He also agrees with many posters here that Wilhite and Butler are getting targeted by teams, and it's hurting the Pats. He doesn't have a specific solution, other than for those two to step up their game - hopefully there's some strategies that can help out there as well.

Nothing specifically about the pass rush (unless I missed it). Maybe it just didn't make his top 5 list of things to worry about :)

Butler was off WRs in the first half, but if you watched the second half, he knocked down 5 straight passes thrown his way before letting Camarillo grab a 1st down.

Well admittedly since 2007 there has been an exodus of veteran leadership from the Patriots has it not. I know the lack of pass rush and failure of veterans brought in has been problematic, but we all know the exhuberance of youth is something that can never replace the cagey battle hardened veteran.

Well said Teddy.

Attitude is by far the biggest problem with this team. Sunday should be considered a huge opportunity to get things right. go out, execute well on both sides and walk away with the w.

This guy is a huge loss in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes