Bruschi's Chat-Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just read it briefly. Some interesting comments from #54

-Thinks Guyton can be an every-down LB. Said learning a BB defense takes time.

-Said Wilfork should be priority #1.

-Lots of leadership, focus (more for the younger players) fundementals and agressiveness was missing from the team this year.

-Thinks Mayo did take a step back, but felt it was more due to injury and inconsistient play on the line and in this defense, a LB has virtually no chance to be sucessful.

-Felt that the offensive playcalling lacked creativity.

Tough to argue with his assesement.

Here is the link:

Chat: Chat with Tedy Bruschi - SportsNation - ESPN Boston

First rate observations as always. I said that I thought Guyton was best as a sub ILB in passing packages, but if Bruschi says Guyton can be 3 down, then I stand corrected.

Yea, with regard to Guyton his commentary stuck out a little bit to me. I remember Bru saying that even with himself being in the league a few years, he didn't really "know" BBs D until week 5 or 6 of the 2001 season. Thats a year and a 1/2 after BB signed on a coach.

BB kept running Guyton out there. That tells me he sees something in him. Problem is that the production hasn't been there per se. Maybe he breaks through year 3.

Last edited:
Yea, with regard to Guyton his commentary stuck out a little bit to me. I remember Bru saying that even with himself being in the league a few years, he didn't really "know" BBs D until week 5 or 6 of the 2001 season. Thats a year and a 1/2 after BB signed on a coach.

BB kept running Guyton out there. That tells me he sees something in him. Problem is that the production hasn't been there per se. Maybe he breaks through year 3.

85% of the snaps.

Last year he played 30%.

From the article:

Chris (Richmond, Va)

Tedy, I'm still in mourning but if Pats could do only ONE thing to improve this ball club, what should that ONE thing/move be?

Tedy Bruschi (12:02 PM)

Getting a pass rushing threat. Banta-Cain led the team with 10 sacks. You need someone else to get pressure on the quarterback.

85% of the snaps.

Last year he played 30%.

Gotta give BB the benefit of the doubt here. The defense needs to get younger, but the kids need seasoning.

Just read it briefly. Some interesting comments from #54

-Thinks Guyton can be an every-down LB. Said learning a BB defense takes time.

-Said Wilfork should be priority #1.

-Lots of leadership, focus (more for the younger players) fundementals and agressiveness was missing from the team this year.

-Thinks Mayo did take a step back, but felt it was more due to injury and inconsistient play on the line and in this defense, a LB has virtually no chance to be sucessful.

-Felt that the offensive playcalling lacked creativity.

Tough to argue with his assesement.
I think Guyton has a bright future as well. Those couple starts he had in the middle mostly playing 43, he really played well.
Also, if we are going to be predictable on offense can we do it teeing off on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes