PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi's Breakdown: Pats/Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems very vanilla to me ... like Ted's trying to say a lot while not giving away anything.

Seems very vanilla to me ... like Ted's trying to say a lot while not giving away anything.

I think he was very insightful.

He talks about our usual domination of the Bills and how much of a factor that is.

He also talks about how important it is to seal the edges on Fitzpatrick who tends to scoot at the first sight of a broken play, and I agree with that because Fitzpatrick is athletic and QB's who are athletic tend to try to bail themselves out with their athleticism so if we can restrict that and force him to stay in the pocket, he will make mistakes because he is not there cerebrally, yet. Bruschi also talks about outside blitzing to kill inside gains.

But perhaps the most important observation I think he makes is that our road woes are related to what's going on with the team, because he talks about the mentality of going on the road where you have only your teammates to root for you in a hostile stadium against a hostile team. This is rather fundamental, rather obvious, but he says it in such a way that it's hard to ignore. It's certainly worth discussing.

reiss's tidbit about high tension between AD/BB is also interesting. its nothing new but you have to wonder how it effects the whole team.

But perhaps the most important observation I think he makes is that our road woes are related to what's going on with the team, because he talks about the mentality of going on the road where you have only your teammates to root for you in a hostile stadium against a hostile team. This is rather fundamental, rather obvious, but he says it in such a way that it's hard to ignore. It's certainly worth discussing.
Remember how they came back from England saying that it was a good team building trip as they had to spend more time together than usual ? I guess that didn't work out :(

reiss's tidbit about high tension between AD/BB is also interesting. its nothing new but you have to wonder how it effects the whole team.
I have zero confidence Thomas will help this year if he gets on the field at all - but with a pass rusher being the one seemingly unsolvable problem that we have, he does present that small little glimmer of hope if he could just suck it up and play hard the rest of the way.

I have zero confidence Thomas will help this year if he gets on the field at all - but with a pass rusher being the one seemingly unsolvable problem that we have, he does present that small little glimmer of hope if he could just suck it up and play hard the rest of the way.

well..i meant the off the field stuff. home much that is a hindrance in the team playing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back