PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi Works for Stroke Awareness

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlattsFan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Showing once again the class that makes him a model Patriot, Tedy Bruschi is using his experience with his stroke to try to raise awareness about the warning signs of stroke. In SI:
New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi and Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., offered their support Tuesday to a bill that would help make the public more aware of the warning signs of strokes.[...]

"Tedy Bruschi is living proof that you can't keep a good man down and that activism can come out of adversity," Kerry said in a statement. "Since his stroke, he's made it his mission to spread the word about stroke, to be an advocate and to inform and educate about stroke's warning signs and risk factors."[...]

"I could hear my son come in the room, but I couldn't see him," Bruschi said in a statement. "That's when I went to the hospital."

The senator is co-sponsor of the STOP Stroke Act of 2007, a measure to raise public awareness of stroke warning signs. It also would set up a grant program so states can improve how they prevent, treat and diagnose strokes.

I think athletes aren't necessarily obligated to be role-models, but when someone in that position realizes the opportunity they have to do good ... it's always good to give them props for what they do.

Bruschi's a class act all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye